|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2008)|
|Origin||Austin, Texas, U.S.|
|Genres||Symphonic black metal|
|Labels||Displeased, Underscape Records, The Path Less Traveled Records|
|Past members||Micheal Anthony
Vesperian Sorrow is a symphonic black metal band from Austin, Texas founded in 1994. They were known as Unholy Descent until they changed their name to Vesperian Sorrow in early 1999. Their lyrics tend to be less extreme than most black metal bands that cover themes of Satanism and Anti-Christianity. They cover instead the cosmos, sorrow, sadness and darkness. Their name, Vesperian Sorrow, directly references this and translates to "sadness or sorrow in the evening hours."
After releasing their first demo, Unholy Descent in 1998, Vesperian Sorrow signed a deal with Displeased Records for the release of their debut album Beyond the Cursed Eclipse in 1999 and continued with their second album Psychotic Sculpture in 2001. Before their third release, the band toured North America expansively, and then went on short tours in England, Germany and the Czech Republic to promote the album. Their third album, Regenesis Creation, was released in 2006 by their own label, Underscape Records. Throughout 2007 and 2008, Vesperian Sorrow toured extensively across the U.S. and Canada, and played a couple of select festivals in Mexico. Most recently, in June 2009, they were handpicked for direct support for the band Mayhem, a pioneer in black metal, in Monterrey, Mexico. The band released Stormwinds of Ages on The Path Less Traveled Records on April 24, 2012. They currently are working on their next album.
- Unholy Descent (1998)
- Beyond the Cursed Eclipse (1999)
- Psychotic Sculpture (2001)
- Regenesis Creation (2006)
- Stormwinds of Ages (2012)
- Displeased Sampler III (1999)
- Blackened V/ Metal Blade (2000)
- Displeased Sampler IV (2002)
- Trois-Rivieres Metalfest (2006)
- Donn Donni – vocals
- Kristoph – drums, keyboards
- William – guitar
- JZD – guitar
- Subverseraph – bass, backing vocals
- Justin M – bass, backing vocals
- Tony C - bass
- Mike V – keyboards, acoustic guitar
- Matthias – keyboards
- Corinne Alexandria – keyboards
- "Cry Lil' Sister" − The Lost Boys soundtrack by Gerard McMahon from Regenesis Creation 2008 reissue, also on their MySpace page
- Vesperian Sorrow at MusicMight. MusicMight. Retrieved March 9, 2008.
- Vesperian Sorrow Interview at fourteeng.net
- "Vesperian Sorrow: Canadian Tour Dates Announced". blabbermouth.net. October 19, 2006. Retrieved 2009-05-03.
- "Ancient Rites, Avulsed Confirmed For U.K.'s Infernal Damnation Festival". blabbermouth.net. February 16, 2006. Retrieved 2009-05-03.
- Vesperian Sorrow official website
- Vesperian Sorrow official forum
- Vesperian Sorrow official MySpace
- Vesperian Sorrow at Encyclopaedia Metallum
- Interview with former keyboardist Mike V. at Vampire Magazine
- Interview with vocalist Donn Donni at ARSE