Vestar Capital Partners
|Founders||Daniel O'Connell, Norman Alpert, James Kelley, Sander Levy, Prakash Melwani, Arthur Nagle, Robert Rosner|
245 Park Avenue|
New York, New York, United States of America
Vestar is a leading private equity firm specializing in management buyouts and growth capital investments. Vestar was founded in 1988 by principals of The First Boston Corporation’s Management Buyout Group. Four of the original founders -- Daniel O'Connell, Norman Alpert, Robert Rosner, and James Kelley -- are still with the firm.
Since the firm's founding in 1988, the Vestar funds have completed more than 80 investments in companies with a total value of more than $46 billion.
Since its inception in 1988, Vestar has raised six private equity funds with total investor commitments of more than $8 billion. The first five of these funds have been fully invested. Vestar Capital Partners VI is actively evaluating U.S middle-market investment opportunities.
- 1988 - Vestar Capital Partners ($35 million - Fully invested and liquidated)
- 1993 - Vestar Capital Partners II ($260 million - Fully invested and liquidated)
- 1997 - Vestar Capital Partners III ($803 million - Fully invested)
- 1999 - Vestar Capital Partners IV ($2.48 billion - Fully invested)
- 2005 - Vestar Capital Partners V ($3.7 billion - Fully invested)
- 2013 - Vestar Capital Partners VI ($804 million - Currently investing)
- Vestar Capital Partners (company website)