|Capacity||530 (940 during COP15)|
|Managed by||Correctional Service of Denmark|
Vestre Prison (Danish: Vestre Fængsel) is the main jail of the Danish capital, Copenhagen. Erected in 1895, it is Denmark's largest prison with a total capacity of 530 inmates. It primarily houses pretrial detainees, not convicted felons.
Vestre Gængsel opened in 1895. The building was designed by city architect Ludvig Fenger.
- Vestre Prison is used as location in the films De røde enge (1945), Mosekongen (1950), I kongens klær (1954), Den forsvundne fuldmægtig (1971), Mig og Mafiaen (1973), Olsen-banden går amok (1973), Krummerne 3 - Fars gode idé (1994), Anklaget (2005) and Winnie og Karina går til filmen (2009).
- Vestre Prison is used as a location at 1:20:23 in the 1974 Olsen-banden film The Last Exploits of the Olsen Gang.
- Vestre Fængsel is the title of a 1996 adaption by Finn & Jacob of a John Phillips song.
- In his 2015 breakthrough single Tyveri, Hasan Shah sings "Hvis jeg havner i Vestre Fængsel..." (English: If I end up in Vestre Fængsel...").
- "Vestre Fængsel". danskefilm.dk (in Danish). Retrieved 9 October 2017.
- "Film 6 Olsen Bandens sidste bedrifter / Der (voraussichtlich) letzte Streich der Olsenbande". olsenbande-homepage.de (in German). Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- "Vestre Fængsel" (in Danish). DRde. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- Official website of the Copenhagen jails (in Danish)
|This article about a Danish building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This prison-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|