|• Total||11.14 km2 (4.30 sq mi)|
|• Density||3,500/km2 (9,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
As of 2001[update] India census, Vetapalem had a population of 37,037. Males constitute 49% of the population and females 51%. Vetapalem has an average literacy rate of 59%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 68%, and female literacy is 50%. In Vetapalem, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Government and politics
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu.
- "District Census Handbook - Prakasam" (PDF). Census of India. p. 16,17,48. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- "Prakasam District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 142,175. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "The Hindu : Kunderu drain cries for attention". www.thehindu.com. Retrieved 2016-04-10.
- Seetharam, Mukkavilli (1990-01-01). Citizen Participation in Rural Development. Mittal Publications. ISBN 9788170992271.
- "School Eduvation Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education - Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Retrieved 7 November 2016.