|Village of Veteran|
|Census Division||No. 4|
|Special Area||No. 4|
|• Mayor||Pat Gorcak|
|• Governing body||Veteran Village Council|
|• Total||0.84 km2 (0.32 sq mi)|
|Elevation||795 m (2,608 ft)|
|• Density||297.0/km2 (769/sq mi)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC−7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC−6)|
|Area code(s)||+1-403, +1-587|
Veteran is a village in central Alberta, Canada. It is located on Highway 12 approximately 200 km (120 mi) east of the City of Red Deer. Consort is approximately 25 km (16 mi) to the east, while Coronation is approximately 26 km (16 mi) to the west.
With the promise of land, many people made their way west to homestead in the Veteran area. Their ethnic origins were diverse but they shared in the optimism of a better life for themselves and their families.
Veteran incorporated as a village on June 30, 1914.
In the 2011 Census, the Village of Veteran had a population of 249 living in 104 of its 119 total dwellings, a -15% change from its 2006 population of 293. With a land area of 0.84 km2 (0.32 sq mi), it had a population density of 296.4/km2 (767.7/sq mi) in 2011.
Attractions in Veteran include a campground and a museum. Other facilities within the community include a library, a park, a playground and a skateboard park. Churches within Veteran include the Full Gospel Church and Veteran United Church.
Veteran School serves 60 students enrolled in kindergarten through grade 9. Senior high students attend school in Consort.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- Angus Anderson, Elbe Anderson and Shirley Vetter (1977). Where the Prairie Meets the Hills : Veteran, Loyalist and Hemaruka Districts. Veteran, Alberta: Veteran Regional History.
- "Location and History Profile: Village of Veteran". Alberta Municipal Affairs. 2012-10-12. Retrieved 2012-10-17.
- Statistics Canada. "Canada 2006 Census: Veteran - Community Profile". Retrieved 2007-06-09.
- "Facilities". Village of Veteran. Retrieved 2012-11-05.
- "Churches". Village of Veteran. Retrieved 2012-11-05.
- "Veteran Curling Club". Village of Veteran. Retrieved 2012-11-05.
- "Education". Village of Veteran. Retrieved 2012-11-05.