Vetovo Municipality within Bulgaria and Ruse Province.
|Admin. centre (Obshtinski tsentar)||Vetovo|
|• Total||352.52 km2 (136.11 sq mi)|
|Population (December 2009)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
Vetovo Municipality (Bulgarian: Община Ветово) is a municipality (obshtina) in Ruse Province, Central-North Bulgaria, located in the western parts of Ludogorie geographical region, part of the Danubian Plain. It is named after its administrative centre - the town of Vetovo.
The municipality embraces a territory of 352.52 km² with a population of 13,738 inhabitants, as of December 2009.
Vetovo Municipality includes the following 6 places (towns are shown in bold):
The following table shows the change of the population during the last four decades. Since 1992 Vetovo Municipality has comprised the former municipality of Senovo and the numbers in the table reflect this unification.
|Sources: Census 2001, Census 2011, „pop-stat.mashke.org“,|
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian provinces and municipalities in 2009 Archived November 13, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009 Archived November 13, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian villages under 1000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian Settlements 1000-5000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (in English)National Statistical Institute - Census 2001
- "Population of Bulgarian divisions". Pop-stat.mashke.org. 2011-02-01. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- Official website (in Bulgarian)