Vevay Township, Michigan
|Vevay Township, Michigan|
|• Total||32.2 sq mi (83.4 km2)|
|• Land||32.2 sq mi (83.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||906 ft (276 m)|
|• Estimate (2014)||3,540|
|• Density||109.8/sq mi (42.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1627198|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 32.2 square miles (83 km2), of which 32.2 square miles (83 km2) is land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) (0.06%) is water. Sycamore Creek flows northward through the township.
- Eden is an unincorporated community in the township. It was first settled in 1843.
As of the census of 2000, there were 3,614 people, 1,264 households, and 1,054 families residing in the township. The population density was 112.3 per square mile (43.4/km²). There were 1,309 housing units at an average density of 40.7 per square mile (15.7/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 96.51% White, 0.77% African American, 0.30% Native American, 0.33% Asian, 1.02% from other races, and 1.05% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.02% of the population.
There were 1,264 households out of which 40.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 71.5% were married couples living together, 7.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 16.6% were non-families. 12.8% of all households were made up of individuals and 4.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.86 and the average family size was 3.10.
In the township the population was spread out with 27.3% under the age of 18, 7.4% from 18 to 24, 28.1% from 25 to 44, 28.4% from 45 to 64, and 8.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females there were 101.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 99.8 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $56,324, and the median income for a family was $62,725. Males had a median income of $41,250 versus $31,071 for females. The per capita income for the township was $21,488. About 2.3% of families and 2.3% of the population were below the poverty line, including 3.5% of those under age 18 and none of those age 65 or over.
- "Population Estimates". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2015-05-22.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Vevay Township, Michigan
- The National Map Archived 2012-04-05 at WebCite, accessed 2015-09-23
- Romig 1986, p. 175.
- Romig, Walter (October 1, 1986) . Michigan Place Names: The History of the Founding and the Naming of More Than Five Thousand Past and Present Michigan Communities. Great Lakes Books Series (Paperback). Detroit, Michigan: Wayne State University Press. ISBN 978-0814318386.