This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (December 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Conversational interfaces, search and discovery|
|Murali Aravamudan (founder and CEO) |
Ajit Rajasekharan (founder and Vice President of Technology)
Harris Fishman (Chief Financial Officer)
Veveo is a software company.
Founded in 2004, Veveo’s customers include Comcast, Cablevision, Rogers, AT&T, DirecTV, and Nokia. The venture-backed company is based near Boston, Massachusetts, and has an intellectual property portfolio of fifty (issued or allowed) patents and 80 filed patent applications. On February 25, 2014, Veveo was acquired by Rovi Corporation.
Veveo’s developments in natural language processing and understanding enabled dialog-based real-time conversational interfaces to be introduced in late 2012. These interfaces allow connected devices and applications to be used with natural conversational intelligence applied to voice interfaces. As a result, users can talk to devices with normal language and devices can respond with natural language responses.
- Baumgartner, Jeff. "Veveo Locks Up Patent Tied To Speech-Based Navigation". Multichannel News. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
- "Rovi to Acquire Veveo, Inc., and Combine Innovative Search and Recommendation Tools to Create Truly Differentiated Entertainment Discovery Solution". Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- "Rovi Buys Veveo to Enhance TV, Movie Recommendations". PCMag India. 2014-02-25. Retrieved 2018-06-14.
- Spangler, Todd. "Talk to the Tube: Will Voice-Enabled TV Catch On?". Multichannel News. Retrieved 19 December 2013.
- Lawler, Ryan. "Video Discovery Specialist Veveo Launches Voice Search That Actually Works". TechCrunch. Retrieved 19 December 2013.