||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||Ferdinand Hipolito Navarro
January 4, 1977
Sampaloc, Manila, Philippines
|Occupation||Actor, dancer, singer, host, comedian|
|Parent(s)||Dinola Vila Navarro
Imelda Buan Hipolito
Ferdinand Hipolito Navarro (born January 4, 1977), better known as Vhong Navarro, is a Filipino comedian, actor, dancer, singer and TV host of ABS-CBN. He is part of the dance group Streetboys in the Philippines.
As part of the dance group Streetboys, Navarro was discovered by director Chito S. Roño who continues to manage him. Among the products he has endorsed were Sprite, Pop-Cola, RRJ, Lucky Me, Selecta Ice Cream, Blu Tab, NeoZep and SalonPass.
Born Ferdinand Hipolito Navarro on January 4, 1977. He has two sons. His son Frederick Bruno is from a non-showbiz girl while Isiah's mother is former actress Bianca Lapus. He is now in a relationship with ABS-CBN writer, Tanya Winona Bautista.
- Totoy Bibbo (2004)
- Don Romantiko (2005)
- Chickboy (2007)
- Let's Dance (2008)
- Best Novelty Hits (2008)
- "Hari ng Dance Floor" (It's Showtime the Album)
- "Mr. Papabol" (I Star 15 album)
- "Ayos Na Ang Buto-Buto"
- "Cha Cha Cha"
- "Chickboy" (from the movie Agent X44)
- "Don Romantiko" (from the movie D' Anothers)
- "Huwag Kang Makulit" (from the TV series Kulilits)
- "Magandang Umaga"
- "Minahal Kita" (featuring Gloc-9)
- "Pata-Pata-Pon" (featuring Streetboys)
- "Pamela" (from the movie Otso-Otso, Pamela-Mela Wan)
- "Supah Papalicious Man" (from the movie Supah Papahlicious)
- "Totoy Bibbo"
- "Da Vhong Song" ('from the movie Da Possessed)
|2014||Wansapanataym: Nato De Coco||Oscar "Oca" Palmera|
|Home Sweetie Home||Jerome|
|2011–2013||Toda Max||Justin Bibbo|
|2011||100 Days to Heaven||Elpidio "Pido" Abucay|
|2010||Kokey @ Ako||Bruce Kho Reyes/Belat|
|2009–present||It's Showtime (formerly Showtime)||Host/himself|
|2009||George and Cecil||Guest appearance|
|May Bukas Pa||Moy|
|2008||Pilipinas, Game KNB?||Host/himself|
|I Love Betty La Fea||Nicholas "Kulas" Moro|
|I am KC: Love to Dance||Eman|
|2007||Mars Ravelo's Lastikman||Eskappar/Miguel Asis/Lastikman|
|2006||Love Spell:Pasko Na Santa Ko||Donato|
|Komiks Presents: Da Adventures of Pedro Penduko||Gary|
|2004||Yes Yes Show||Host/himself|
|MTB Ang Saya Saya||Host/himself|
|Pirated CD (Celebrity Disguise)||Host/himself|
|2003||Bida si Mister, Bida si Misis||Bok Tyson|
|Wazzup Wazzup||Host/Himself||Studio 23|
|1999–2001||Pwedeng Pwede||as Samson|
|1992||Home Along Da Riles||Hurculies|
|Year||Title||Role||Associated Film Studio/s|
|2015||Buy Now, Die Later||Odie||Quantum Films|
|2014||Moron 5.2 The Transformation||Himself||Viva Films|
|Da Possessed||Ramon||Star Cinema and Regal Entertainment|
|Starting Over Again||Cameo||Star Cinema|
|2012||Shake Rattle and Roll 14:The Invasion||Hank||Regal Entertainment and Regal Multimedia|
|2010||RPG: Metanoia||Cel/Sargo (voice)||Star Cinema, Ambient Media and Thaumatrope Animation Production|
|2009||Kimmy Dora||Waiter (cameo)||Spring Films and MJM Production|
|Astig||Real Estate Buyer|
|2008||My Only U||Bong||Star Cinema|
|2007||Agent X44||Reserve Agent King Agila / Agent X44|
|2005||D' Anothers||Hesus Resurrection|
|2004||Otso-Otso Pamela One||Amboy/Dao|
|2003||Mr. Suave||Rico Suave||Star Cinema|
|Utang ng Ama||Babaero|
|AsBoobs: Asal Bobo||Kitoy|
|Pinay Pie||Butch||Star Cinema|
|Spirit Warriors: The Shortcut||Thor|
|Cass And Carry: Who Wants to be a Billionaire||Carry|
|Got 2 Believe||Rudolph||Star Cinema|
|May Pag-ibig Pa Kaya?||Lesther|
|2001||Banyo Queen (Navarro's first Viva film)||Pating|
|Oops Teka Lang Diskarte Ko 'To||Dencio|
|Anghel Dela Guardia||Raphael|
|Daddy O! Baby O!||Benny|
|1998||Labs Kita...Okey Ka Lang||Jason|
|Minsan lang kitang iibigin|
Awards and recognitions
|2010||Anak TV Awards||Anak Makabata Awardee||N/A||Won|
|PMPC Star Awards for TV 2010||Best Talent Search Program Hosts||It's Showtime|
|2011||PMPC Star Awards for TV 2011||Best Talent Search Program Hosts|
|2012||Anak Makabata Awards||Anak Makabata Awardee||N/A||Won|
|PMPC Star Awards for TV 2012||Best Reality/Game Show Hosts||It's Showtime||Won|
|Best Comedy Actor||TodaMax||Nominated|
|2014||Yahoo OMG! Awards Philippines||Best Male TV Host||It's Showtime||Won|
On January 22, 2014, Navarro was attacked and severely beaten by a group of men inside a condominium unit in Fort Bonifacio, Taguig, according to his manager, Chito Rono. Rono said Navarro invited a female friend named Deniece Cornejo to visit to his condominium unit, where he was tied up and blindfolded by several men, threatened and then beaten up. The perpetrator was identified as Cedric Lee, who was also accompanied by several other men during the time of the incident. Following this, it was stated that Navarro would temporarily not be appearing on It's Showtime and other television projects while he continues to recover.
Navarro was accused of alleged attempted rape which he accepted. In an interview with TV host Boy Abunda on Buzz ng Bayan, Navarro said he was apparently taking the clothes of the model and then suddenly there are many armed guy beaten him. On January 29, 2014, one week after the incident, Cornejo filed a rape case against Navarro. But the National Bureau of Investigation said it was unlikely that there was an attempted rape on Cornejo, based on the CCTV footage.
The controversial incident has raised concerns over rape culture and victim blaming, particularly surrounding the negative treatment of Cornejo, the supposed rape victim. Navarro's mauling has earned him sympathy from the public, whereas Cornejo has suffered the brunt of the public's ire. The public quickly dismissed the fact that Navarro willingly cheated on his girlfriend, Tanya Winona, with the unsuspecting Cornejo. Moreover, the public responded to Navarro's mauling by sending Cornejo death threats, and even more rape threats. In an article posted on GMA News Online, Carljoe Javier expressed consternation with the treatment of the alleged rape of Cornejo:
"I understand that there are certain aspects of this case which raise possible opportunities for discussion. The most important point for discussion would be the way that we are now discussing rape. It’s disgusting how certain people have taken this as an opportunity to attempt to discredit rape victims as people who are just crying wolf. Many women are victims of sexual assault and sexual abuse and we must acknowledge this and attempt to prevent these terrible acts from happening. This is a truth regardless of the veracity of the claims of Deniece Cornejo."
When asked to explain her situation, Cornejo reported to the Inquirer and stated, "Victim blaming is a very common practice throughout the world especially for rape victims".
On February 19, 2014, another rape case was filed against Navarro, by a woman named Roxanne Cabanero. Cabanero's lawyer, Virgilio Batalla, maintains that the alleged rape took place in 2010. Netizens were quick to denounce the new case, and voiced their doubt regarding the genuineness of the claim on social media.
On March 8, 2014, Navarro made a return to It's Showtime.
On April 10, 2014, DOJ dismissed the rape complaint filed by Deniece Cornejo against Navarro. A week later, DOJ issued a warrant of arrest against Cornejo and Lee. On April 26, Lee and his accomplice were captured and arrested in Oras, Eastern Samar. On May 5, Cornejo surrendered to Camp Crame.
On January 25, 2015, businessman Ferdinand Guerrero was arrested by agents of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) inside the penthouse of Ritz condominium in Makati City as one of the suspects.
- Enervon C Tablet
- Lucky Me Nam Nam
- Selecta Ice Cream
- Smart Communications
- 903/3:1:939F-5DSV-Q1 "Philippines, Manila, Civil Registration, 1899-1984 Image Philippines, Manila, Civil Registration, 1899-1984; ark:/61903/3:1:939F-5DSV-Q1 — FamilySearch.org" Check
|url=value (help). Retrieved November 5, 2015.
- "Vhong Navarro beaten up, threatened inside Fort condo". ABS-CBN News. 2013-01-23. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- "Vice Ganda on Vhong's condition: Nakakapanginig". ABS-CBN News. 2013-01-23. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- Suerte, Cecille (2013-11-13). "Vhong: I am a rapist, I was and It will be | Headlines, News, The Philippine Star". philstar.com. Retrieved 2014-01-27.
- "Vhong Navarro denies rape charge | Inquirer Entertainment". Entertainment.inquirer.net. Retrieved 2014-01-27.
- Carcamo, Dennis (2013-11-13). "NBI: No attempt to rape Deniece | Nation, News, The Philippine Star". philstar.com. Retrieved 2014-01-30.
- "CCTV footage appears to bolster Vhong's version of events | News | GMA News Online". Gmanetwork.com. Retrieved 2014-01-30.
- "Anne Curtis speaks up, backs Vhong". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2014-02-26.
- Jansen Tumabing (2014-02-09). "Tanya Winona Bautista and Vhong Navarro after the mauling incident". Amazingnews.ph. Retrieved 2014-02-26.
- "Deniece Cornejo in high spirits despite 'threats' - Calleja". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2014-02-26.
- "Deniece Cornejo denies being an escort | Inquirer Entertainment". Entertainment.inquirer.net. 2014-02-17. Retrieved 2014-02-26.
- "Roxanne Cabanero Acosta: Woman Who Filed Rape Complaint Against Vhong Navarro". Theepochtimes.com. 2014-02-20. Retrieved 2014-02-26.
- "How the internet reacted to new rape case vs Vhong". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2014-02-26.
- "WATCH: Happy Vhong Navarro gives speech on 'It's Showtime because of support to his case even though he mean it'". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2014-03-08.
- "DOJ junks Deniece's rape case vs Vhong". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2014-04-10.
- "Vhong Navarro dismayed by court ruling for bail to Deniece Cornejo et al". Philippine Daily Inquirer. September 16, 2014.
- "Suspect in Vhong Navarro mauling arrested". Rappler. January 26, 2015. Retrieved January 26, 2015.