|Member of the Indiana Senate
from the 40th district
November 7, 1984 – November 7, 2012
|Preceded by||Farrell N. Duckworth|
|Succeeded by||Mark Stoops|
March 18, 1946
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Alma mater||California State University,
Indiana University, Indianapolis
Vi Simpson (born March 18, 1946) is an American politician who is a former Democratic member of the Indiana Senate, representing the 40th District from 1984 to 2012. She was the Minority Leader of the Indiana Senate.
She was also the Democratic nominee for Lieutenant Governor, in the 2012 Indiana Gubernatorial Election, running with the former Speaker of the Indiana House of Representatives John R. Gregg. The Gregg/Simpson ticket lost in a narrow election to Mike Pence and Sue Ellspermann.
- Rules & Legislative Procedure (Ranking Minority Member)
- Health & Provider Services
- Provider Services Subcommittee
- Insurance & Financial Institutions
- Insurance Subcommittee
- Joint Rules
- Archived official Indiana State Legislature webpage
- May 8, 2012 Primary Election
- Vi Simpson's Biography
- Indiana State Senate elections, 2012
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
|This article about an Indiana politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|