Vi sitter i Ventrilo och spelar DotA
|"Vi sitter i Ventrilo och spelar DotA"|
|Single by Basshunter|
|from the album LOL|
|Released||3 October 2006|
|Length||3:21 (Single Version)|
7:45 (Extended Version)
2:57 (New Single Version)
|Basshunter singles chronology|
"Vi sitter i Ventrilo och spelar DotA" (Swedish for "We're sitting in Ventrilo, playing DotA" and shortened to "DotA") is a song by Swedish dance DJ Basshunter which samples a remixed version of the French song "Daddy DJ" by Daddy DJ. The lyrics, in Swedish, are about using the voice chat program Ventrilo while playing Defense of the Ancients, a video game. The song incorporates samples from the game. It was released as the second single from Basshunter's first album LOL.
The video starts out with Basshunter's mother (portrayed by his actual mother) opening a door where it reveals that he and his friends are playing DotA. She tells him that he's playing too much DotA when he starts singing. The video continues showing him playing DotA and later singing at a gamehall live. The clip was not shot during DreamHack, as many believe, but during a similar event called The Gathering, one of the world's largest LAN party events. One of the listeners holds a sign saying "Vadå båt?" (Whaddaya mean boat?) - referring to some listeners' initial confusion of the Swedish lyrics in "Boten Anna", mistaking the word "boten" (the bot) for "båten" (the boat). This could explain the wrong translation in the German version of "Boten Anna" where "Boot" (boat) is sung instead of "Bot" (bot). Another approach is that the person holding the sign is German and wanted to point out the mistake, so Basshunter simply recorded this as a kind of self-parody.
The new video starts with him sitting in a chair, then flipping up a screen on his chair, then selects a video from a little menu floating in the air. Then the videos from there shows more people playing DotA, and several shots of a young woman dancing. He can also be seen playing as the hero Tiny, where he purchases an item, Butterfly. The tune to the new video is actually "DotA" (New Single Version).
- CD single
- Vi sitter i Ventrilo och spelar DotA [Single Version] - 3:21
- Vi sitter i Ventrilo och spelar DotA [Club Mix] - 5:43
|Denmark (IFPI Denmark)||Gold||4,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
An English version of the song called "All I Ever Wanted" was released as the second UK single on 7 July 2008. The second single was originally planned to be "Please Don't Go" but due to some technical issues the single was scrapped in the UK and only released in Sweden.
- Basshunter wrote Swedish lyrics.
- Vi sitter i Ventrilo och spelar DotA (Back cover). Basshunter. Warner Music Sweden. 2006. 5051011-6845-5-5. Retrieved 15 October 2018 – via Discogs.CS1 maint: others (link)
- "Austriancharts.at – Basshunter – Vi sitter i Ventrilo och spelar DotA" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40.
- "Danishcharts.com – Basshunter – Vi sitter i Ventrilo och spelar DotA". Tracklisten.
- "Basshunter: Vi sitter i Ventrilo och spelar DotA" (in Finnish). Musiikkituottajat – IFPI Finland.
- "BASSHUNTER – VI SITTER I VENTRILO OCH SPELAR DOTA – 84 TITEL VON BASSHUNTER" (in German). officialcharts.de. Retrieved 3 May 2016.
- "BASSHUNTER – DOTA" (in German). officialcharts.de. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- "Chart Track: Week 26, 2008". Irish Singles Chart.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Basshunter – Vi sitter i Ventrilo och spelar DotA" (in Dutch). Single Top 100.
- "Norwegiancharts.com – Basshunter – Vi sitter i Ventrilo och spelar DotA". VG-lista.
- "ČNS IFPI" (in Slovak). Hitparáda – Radio Top 100 Oficiálna. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: insert 200725 into search.
- "Swedishcharts.com – Basshunter – Vi sitter i Ventrilo och spelar DotA". Singles Top 100.
- "Årslista Singlar - År 2006" (in Swedish). sverigetopplistan.se. Retrieved 8 May 2016.
- "JAAROVERZICHTEN - Single 2006" (in Dutch). dutchcharts.nl. Archived from the original on 15 April 2016. Retrieved 8 May 2016.
- "Danish single certifications – Basshunter – Vi sitter i Ventrilo och spelar DotA". IFPI Denmark. Retrieved 10 October 2015. Scroll through the page-list below to obtain certification.
|This 2000s single-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|