This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
La via dell'Amore or The Way of Love (Via de l'Amùu in the Ligurian language) is a pedestrian path overlooking the sea, with a length of just over one kilometer, linking the villages of Riomaggiore and Manarola, Cinque Terre, in Liguria (Italy).
The trail's name was inspired by the fact that it provided an easy and private meeting place for young lovers who lived in the two small towns inthe mountainous terrain.
According to press reports in late 2019, extensive work is due to begin on the repair of the trail in the Fall of 2019 with a re-opening date tentatively set for spring, 2023. In its current state, the trail requires major engineering work, with an estimated cost of over 12 million euro.
- Steves, Rick (30 September 2009). "The Love Story Behind the Via dell'Amore". Smithsonian. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- "Cinque Terre's Path of Love is Reopening!". A Path to Lunch. 11 October 2019. Retrieved 11 October 2019.
- . Citta della Spezia. 6 October 2019 http://www.cittadellaspezia.com/Cinque-Terre-Val-di-Vara/Attualita/Via-dell-Amore-riapertura-a-inizio-2023-Siamo-orgogliosi-296196.aspx. Retrieved 6 October 2019 – via dell'Amore Riapertura. Missing or empty
- Parco Nazionale delle Cinque Terre
- Cinque Terre's Path of Love is Reopening!
- Via dell'Amore Riapertura
|This Italy-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|