This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
La via dell'Amore or The Way of Love (Via de l'Amùu in the Ligurian language) is a pedestrian street overlooking the sea, with a run of just over one kilometer, linking the villages of Riomaggiore and Manarola, Cinque Terre, in Liguria (Italy).
The trail's name was inspired by the fact that it provided an easy connection for young lovers who lived in the two small towns, and who were previously separated by the mountainous terrain.
According to press reports in late 2016, work is due to begin on the repair of the trail in the Fall of 2017 with a re-opening date tentatively set for 2019. In its current state, the trail requires major engineering work, with an estimated cost of over 5 million euro.
- Steves, Rick (30 September 2009). "The Love Story Behind the Via dell'Amore". Smithsonian. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- "What's going on with the Via dell'Amore?". Cinque Terre Insider. 3 April 2015. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- "Cinque Terre: la Via dell'Amore riaprirà nel 2019". SportOutdoor24. 16 November 2016. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- Parco Nazionale delle Cinque Terre
- Page on Cinqueterre.com
- Page on InCinqueTerre.com
- Page on Baranin.com
|This Italy-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|