Viasat Sport (Viasport in Norway) is the common brand of several sports channels targeting the Nordic, CIS and Eastern European countries owned by Nordic Entertainment Group and Baltic countries owned by Providence Equity Partners.
- National leagues
- Eredivisie (Dutch first division)
- Ligue 1 (French first division)
- Premier League (English first division)
- SAS Ligaen (Danish first division)
- Bundesliga (German first division)
- National cups
- European competitions
- HockeyAllsvenskan (Swedish second division)
- Ice Hockey World Championships
- GET-ligaen (Norwegian first division)
- World Cup of Hockey
- Kontinental Hockey League
Viasat Sport was launched as a pan-Nordic channel in 1999. In January 2002, a dedicated Danish channel, Viasat Sport Denmark, launched and replaced the pan-Nordic version in Denmark.
1 February 2004, Viasat launched two new sport channels; Viasat Sport 2 and Viasat Sport 3. The two existing channels were re-branded as Viasat Sport 1. During the autumn the two new channels were refocused, turning Viasat Sport 2 into a dedicated soccer channel and Viasat Sport 3 becoming a channel for motor and contact sports.
In April 2005, a "news channel" called Viasat Sport 24 was launched.
On October 17, 2008, the Viasat Sport channels went through a major overhaul which saw Viasat Sport 2 and 3 disappear in Sweden and Norway. They were replaced by Viasat Fotboll (in Sweden), Viasat Sport (in Norge) and Viasat Motor (both countries). The Swedish Viasat Sport 1 was renamed Viasat Sport. Viasat Sport HD continued to be available in both Norway and Sweden, and Viasat Golf was still available in all four Scandinavian countries.
Viasat Sport 2 and 3 continued in Denmark, Finland and the Baltics until January 6, 2009. On January 7, 2009, Viasat Sport Baltic channel was launched in Baltic states. Viasat Golf also became available in the region. Finland and Denmark didn't receive any replacements for Viasat Sport 2 and 3.
In 2018 the TV department was splitted off into Nordic Entertainment Group.
- Viasat Urheilu
- Viasat Jääkiekko
- Viasat Jalkapallo
- Viasat Sport
- Viasat Fotboll
- Viasat Golf
- Viasat Hockey
- Viasat Sport Premium
- Viasat Xtra
New channel lineup as of 15 September 2008:
New channel lineup as of 16 September 2009:
Baltics (owned by Providence Equity Partners)
New channel lineup as of January 7, 2009
- La Liga og Serie A på Viasat
- "MTG EXTENDS AND ACQUIRES GOLF RIGHTS AND LAUNCHES DEDICATED GOLF CHANNEL". Cision Wire. 2006-12-20. Retrieved 2008-10-29.
- "TV 2 Sport går i luften onsdag" (in Danish). TV2.dk. 2007-04-11. Retrieved 2008-10-29.
- "MTG: NEW SPORTS CHANNEL LINE-UP IN SWEDEN AND NORWAY" (Press release). Modern Times Group. October 6, 2008.
- "Viasat sport" (in Finnish). Viasat.fi. Retrieved 2009-04-24.
- "Nye sportskanaler – den beste sporten i ny drakt" (in Norwegian). Viasat.no. Retrieved 2009-09-04.
- "Viasat Sport – en kanal för varje passion" (in Swedish). Viasat.se. Retrieved 2009-09-04.