MTR CSR Sifang EMU in the "Express Rail Link Train Open Days"
|Manufacturer||CSR Qingdao Sifang|
|Order no.||840 , C6014-14E|
|Family name||China Railways CRH380A EMU|
|Entered service||23 September 2018|
|Number built||72 cars (9 vehicles)|
|Formation||8 cars per trainset (6M2T)|
|Fleet numbers||CRH380A-0251 – CRH380A-0259|
|Capacity||581 persons per vehicle|
(579 seats + 2 wheelchair spaces)
|Depot(s)||Shek Kong Stabling Sidings and Emergency Rescue Sidings|
|Line(s) served||Guangzhou–Shenzhen–Hong Kong Express Rail Link|
|Car body construction||Aluminum and stainless steel (for car body)|
Fiberglass (for head-tip)
|Train length||203 m (666 ft 0.1 in)|
|Car length||26,500 mm (86 ft 11.3 in) (cars with driver cab)|
25,000 mm (82 ft 0.3 in) (cars without driver cab)
|Width||3,380 mm (11 ft 1.1 in)|
|Height||3,700 mm (12 ft 1.7 in)|
|Platform height||1,250 mm (4 ft 1.2 in)|
|Doors||2 per side per car|
|Wheelbase||2,500 mm (8 ft 2.4 in)|
|Maximum speed||200 km/h (124 mph) (service in Hong Kong)|
300 km/h (186 mph) (service in Mainland China)
350 km/h (217 mph) (operation maximun)
380 km/h (236 mph) (design)
|Weight||408 t (401.6 long tons; 449.7 short tons)|
|Traction system||IGBT water cooling VVVF inverter control|
(brand and model to be known)
|Power output||8.76 MW (11,750 hp) (at all wheels)|
9.6 MW (12,900 hp) (at all motors)
0.4 MW (540 hp) (at each motor)
|Power supply||Overhead catenary|
|Electric system(s)||25 kV AC, 50 Hz|
|Current collection method||Pantograph|
|UIC classification||2'2'+Bo'Bo'+Bo'Bo'+Bo'Bo'+Bo'Bo'+Bo'Bo'+Bo'Bo'+2'2' (8 car set)|
|Bogies||Bolsterless bogie with air suspension|
|Braking system(s)||Regenerative, electronically controlled pneumatic brakes|
|Safety system(s)||Chinese Train Control System|
|Coupling system||Tightlock coupling|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) standard gauge|
|Appearance designed by Mbd Design in France|
Pantograph: DSA 350
Vibrant Express (Chinese: 動感號), also known as MTR CRH380A is a train set ordered by the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region through the MTR Corporation; this EMU will be used to run on the Guangzhou-Shenzhen-Hong Kong Express Rail Link. The train was manufactured by CSR Corporation Limited-Sifang.
The 9 sets of 8-car trains is based on the Hexie ("Harmony") CRH380A high-speed EMU platform, maintaining security, reliability, economy, comfort and other technical features, and further enhancing the performance of collision, fire, electromagnetic compatibility.
- Further improve on collision and fire resistance as well as electromagnetic compatibility and other properties.
- Improved low-resistance shape.
- In order to solve the problem that the colouring paint between different materials of the car heads (aluminum and stainless steel for car body, whereas fiberglass for head-tip) peeling off easily by thermal expansion, an extra washer widen several millimetres is installed between 2 sections, comparing with the original design, to separate the sections of those materials for respective colouring. This makes the trains have 2 rings set up in the front, which is 1 more than that of the original design.
- The optimization of the bogie design and improvement of the interior structure.
- High-strength air tightness: to further enhance the airtight performance, the fully sealed pressurization of differential pressure control mode is adopted. The pressure change does not exceed 0.2-kilopascal [kPa] (0.029 psi) per second.
- Improved bogie.
- Noise control: Using a variety of new noise absorption materials and noise barrier technology, EMU speed of 350 km/h inside noise keep in 67–69 db level.
- The axle load still maintained at a level of 15 tonnes (14.8 long tons; 16.5 short tons), under vehicle weight gained by enhancing traction power, structural quality and noise reduction level.
- High-efficiency regenerative braking.
- Ergonomic passenger interface.
- Label text (including fleet number and seat class name) on car body is painted with MTR typefaces, including MTR Song (港鐵宋) for Chinese characters and Myriad MM for alphanumeric characters.
The trains will provide two classes of seats, Standard Class and First Class.
- M - Motor car
- T - Trailer car
- C - Driver cabin
- P - Pantograph
- ZY：First Class Seats Coach (一等座車, Pinyin: Yi Deng Zuo Che)
- ZE：Standard Class Seats Coach / Second Class Seats Coach (二等座車, Pinyin: Er Deng Zuo Che)
|Coach Type||First Class||Standard Class||Standard Class||Standard Class||First Class|
|Trainset number & Car number
|ZE 025x02||ZE 025x03||ZE 025x04||ZE 025x05||ZE 025x06||ZE 025x07||CRH380A-025x|
|Power Units||Power unit 1||Power unit 2||Power unit 3|
As all of these trainsets will only run between Guangzhou South railway station and Hong Kong West Kowloon railway station, the trainset formation is different than the CRH380A EMU using in China currently. No Buffet cars is provided. In addition, neither business class coaches nor premier coaches are provided.
As of August 2017
|Operator||Quantity||Trainset serial number||Depot||Lines serving||Notes|
|MTR Corporation||9||0251～0259||Shek Kong||Guangzhou–Shenzhen–Hong Kong Express Rail Link||All vehicles are being test in progress and delivered to Hong Kong already.|
MTR order information
|Reference No. 840|
|Information||Up to date|
|Title or Scope||Express Rail Link: Rolling Stock|
|Anticipated Date of Prequalification Invitation||Completed|
|Anticipated Date of Prequalification Submission or Category of Work in Approved List||Completed|
|Anticipated Date for Invitation to Tender||Completed|
|Anticipated Date of Contract Award||Completed|
|Covered by WTO GPA (Y/N)||Y|
|Estimated Range of Cost / Awarded Value||M5|
- "High-speed trains named 'Vibrant Express'". The Standard. 2018-03-23.
- CE views XRL train delivered to Hong Kong
- 中南車拿下港高鐵列車承造合同 (in Chinese). Asia Times Chinese. 2012-03-20. Retrieved 2012-03-21.
- 香港高鐵列車由中國南車中標 (in Chinese). 香港商業電台. 2012-03-20. Retrieved 2012-03-21.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-03-23. Retrieved 2012-04-20.
- "Category Archive for "News" | MBD Design". www.mbd-design.com (in French). Retrieved 2017-08-11.
|This MTR- or MTR Corporation-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|