|Birth name||Viktorija Kukule|
|Born||March 21, 1985|
Vic Anselmo (born March 21st, 1985 as Viktorija Kukule in Riga, Latvia) is a Latvian singer-songwriter who lives in Bochum, Germany. Starting out as a performer of gothic metal, Vic performed with her own band throughout her whole career amongst co-operations with several other musicians.
After she moved to Germany, Vic decided to adjust her performance to the singer-songwriter genre. Vic finds her inspiration for her self-written music in bands, artists and composers such as Ella Fitzgerald, Lisa Gerrard, Edvard Grieg, Queen, Alice in Chains, Tom Waits, and Devin Townsend. Her music accounts for the way to express her emotions by solely using her voice that is often referred to as "stunning". Her albums, with a wide range from sensitive ballads to shades of blues and folk, are often themed on her state of mind at that time. Her artist name is derived from the surname of Phil Anselmo, singer of the American metal band Pantera which she was a fan of in her youth.
Throughout her career, Vic was also involved in several interesting co-operations with the likes of Mick Moss (Antimatter), Anneke van Giersbergen (ex-The Gathering) and Duncan Patterson (ex-Anathema) amongst others.
On 2 October 2015 her new album Who Disturbs The Water was released.
Festivals and tours
- 2008 Trapped in a Dream European Tour
- 2009 Wave-Gotik-Treffen (DE)
- 2009 Castle Party (PL)
- 2010 Waregem Gothic Festival (BE)
- 2010 Dark Mills (London, UK)
- February 2011 - Tour with Deine Lakaien In My Fragile European Tour
- August/September 2011 - Tour in China with To Die For
- 2012 Gothic & Fantasy Fair (Rijswijk, NL)
- 2012/2013/2014 Castlefest (NL)
- March/April 2013 tour with Antimatter
- January/February 2014 - Latin America Tour with The Sirens
- November 2015 - German Tour with Samsas Traum
- Backyard Novelties (Digital EP), 2016
- (in Latvian) "Meitene no Latvijas Vic Anselmo pelna naudu, muzicējot Vācijā". tvnet.lv. 9 May 2013. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- (in Latvian) "Vic Anselmo miegā ceļo citu cilvēku sapņos!". tvnet.lv. 12 October 2006. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- (in German) Krohm, Jens (14 February 2011). "Deine Lakaien: Melancholie verleiht Flügel". Westdeutsche Zeitung. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- (in German) Detlefsen, Ole (19 February 2011). "Andacht statt Ekstase". Eßlinger Zeitung. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- (in German) ""Who Disturbs The Water": Neues Album von Vic Anselmo / Crowdfunding & Video". Sonic Seducer. 7 November 2014. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- Official website
- Discography at Discogs
- Discography at AllMusic
- (in Dutch) Interview with Vic Anselmo by Dark Entries ( (archive)
- Interview with Vic Anselmo by Lords of Metal (archive)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vic Anselmo.|