Vic Fleming (photo by Lloyd Mazer)
|Born||December 26, 1951|
|Alma mater||Davidson College|
UALR School of Law
|Occupation||Judge, teacher and author|
Victor Anson "Vic" Fleming (born December 26, 1951) is an American judge, law professor, and writer residing in Little Rock, Arkansas.
He was born in Jackson, Mississippi, and grew up in Greenville, Mississippi. He holds a B.A. in English from Davidson College and a J.D. from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock School of Law. He has taught at Bowen as an adjunct faculty member since 2003. He was elected as a district judge for the City of Little Rock in 1996, and reelected in 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012, and 2016 without opposition. The position is now officially known as State District Court Judge, Little Rock, Division 2.
Fleming has written two books of legal humor, including Real Lawyers Do Change Their Briefs; edited five other books, including three volumes of crossword puzzles; and published a collection of crossword puzzles entitled I Swear.
His crossword puzzles have appeared in the New York Times and many other newspapers; several magazines, including Games Magazine, The Rotarian, and The American Lawyer; and several books, including the Simon & Schuster Mega Crossword series and Random House Casual Crosswords; and in other venues. He appeared in the 2006 documentary Wordplay, which also featured a song that he wrote. The New York Times crossword puzzle published on Friday, May 12, 2017, was collaboratively constructed by Fleming and former president Bill Clinton.
- UALR William H. Bowen School of Law Adjunct Faculty Archived March 30, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Vic Fleming-Department- 2(Pulaski) | Arkansas Judiciary". courts.arkansas.gov. Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- Fleming, Victor A., and John Deering. Real Lawyers Do Change Their Briefs. Little Rock, Ark: Rose Pub. Co, 1989. ISBN 0-914546-82-1.
- Rosen, Mel; Fleming, Victor; Gentry, Bonnie L., eds. (2009-08-25). Random House Casual Crosswords, Volume 7 (Spi ed.). Random House Puzzles & Games. ISBN 9780375723315.
- Rosen, Mel; Fleming, Victor; Gentry, Bonnie L., eds. (2010-09-14). Random House Casual Crosswords, Volume 8 (Spi ed.). Random House Puzzles & Games. ISBN 9780375723322.
- Rosen, Mel; Fleming, Victor; Gentry, Bonnie L., eds. (2011-11-29). Random House Casual Crossword Omnibus, Volume 2 (Csm ed.). Random House Puzzles & Games. ISBN 9780375723445.
- "Victor Fleming, Puzzle Author | Puzzazz | The best way to solve puzzles in the digital world". Puzzazz. Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- Victor Fleming (2014-12-22), Vic Fleming in "Wordplay", retrieved 2018-01-30
- "Friday, May 12, 2017 crossword by Bill Clinton and Victor Fleming". www.xwordinfo.com. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- UALR Bowen School of Law website, accessed November 24, 2006.
- "Daily Record Puzzle Series To Contain Legal Themes", Cruciverb.com. Accessed November 24, 2006.
- Vic Fleming on IMDb , accessed November 24, 2006.