Vic Gundotra at the Google I/O event 2010.
Vivek Paul Gundotra|
14 June 1969
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Alma mater||Indian Institute of Technology Bombay|
Chief Executive Officer, Alivecor, Inc.Ex. Senior Vice President, Social, Google
Vivek Paul "Vic" Gundotra (born 14 June 1969 in India) is an Indian-born American businessman who served as the Senior Vice President, Social for Google until 24 April 2014. Prior to joining Google, he was a general manager at Microsoft.
Gundotra joined Microsoft in 1991 and eventually became General Manager of Platform Evangelism. His duties included promoting Microsoft's APIs and platforms to independent developers and helping to develop a strategy for Windows Live online services to compete with Google's web-based software applications.
His responsibilities as Vice-President of Social included Google's social networking and identity service, Google+. He is widely believed to be the man behind Google+, and was responsible for the controversial removal of social features from Google Reader.[better source needed] Apart from Google+, he is widely credited for his contributions to early versions of Google Maps (application) and Google I/O.
On 24 April 2014, Gundotra announced his resignation from Google after almost 7 years of service. Months later, accusations were made about his sexual harassment of at least one employee at Google.
On 11 November 2015, Vic Gundotra announced on his Google+ profile that he is joining AliveCor as its CEO.
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Gundotra is married to Claudia Gundotra. They have two children, a daughter and a son.
Awards and recognition
- Raymond, Scott (2011-08-24). "Google+ real name clampdown ignores own grace period". ZDNet.
And it should be noted that his real name is not Vic, it’s Vivek.
- Lardinois, Frederic (2014-04-24). "Vic Gundotra, The Father Of Google+, Is Leaving Google After 8 Years". TechCrunch.
- "Management Team". Google. 2018-07-29. Archived from the original on 2014-02-26.
- Vic Gundotra Profile, CrunchBase
- Boutin, Paul (2006-07-03). "Where's My Google PC?". Slate.
- Gannes, Liz (2010-08-04). "Google's Social Czar Is Vic Gundotra". Gigaom.
- Estes, Adam (2011-10-25). "The World Is Surprisingly Angry About the End of Google Reader". The Atlantic.
- "Google+ Mastermind Vic Gundotra resigns from Google Inc". IANS. news.biharprabha.com. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- "Google+ Head Vic Gundotra Leaving Company". ReCode. 2014-04-24. Retrieved 2014-04-24.
- "A former Google employee claims she was reprimanded for speaking out about sexual harassment". businessinsider.com. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- "Vic Gundotra's Google+ profile". 2015-11-11. Retrieved 2015-11-25.
- "2003 Young Innovators Under 35: Vic Gundotra, 34". Technology Review. 2003. Retrieved 14 August 2011.