Vicar General for Vatican City
|Vicar General of His Holiness for Vatican City
Italian: Vicario Generale di Sua Santità per la Città del Vaticano
Coat of arms of the Diocese of Rome
|Reports to||The Pope|
|Unofficial names||Vicar General for Vatican City|
As vicar general, he is the highest official for the ecclesiastical administration, spiritual and material, of the area entrusted to him. Since this area has very few residents, his responsibility concerns primarily visitors to the Vatican.
The parallel responsibility for the main part of the Diocese of Rome is entrusted to the Vicar General for Rome.
Vicars General for Vatican City
- Agostino Zampini, O.S.A. (30 May 1929 – 7 June 1937)
- Alfonso Camillo De Romanis, O.S.A. (20 August 1937 – 18 January 1950)
- Petrus Canisius Van Lierde, O.S.A. (13 January 1951 – 14 January 1991)
- Aurelio Sabattani (14 January 1991 – 1 July 1991)
- Virgilio Noè (1 July 1991 – 24 April 2002)
- Francesco Marchisano (24 April 2002 – 5 February 2005)
- Angelo Comastri (5 February 2005 – present)
- His title, as given, for instance, in the Annuario Pontificio (page 1384 of the 2013 edition) does not mention Vatican City State.
- Papal See of Roma webpage. GCatholic.org website
|This Vatican City–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Catholic Church-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|