Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Pronunciation||Spanish: [biˈθente] (Spain)|
Spanish: [biˈsente](Latin America)
|Nickname(s)||Vin, Vince, Vinny, Vinnie,|
|Related names||Vincent, Vincentius, Victor|
Vicente is an Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese name. Like its French variant, Vincent, it is derived from the Latin name Vincentius meaning "conquering" (from Latin vincere, "to conquer"). Vicente may refer to:
- São Vicente, Cape Verde - an island in Cape Verde.
- Vicente Aleixandre (1898–1984), Spanish writer, Nobel Prize laureate
- José Vicente Feliz, American settler
- Vicente Fox Quesada (b. 1942), Mexican politician who served as President of Mexico
- Juan Vicente Gómez (1857–1935), Venezuelan military dictator
- Vicente Henriques (b. 1978), Brazilian water polo player
- Vicente Guerrero (1782–1831), one of the leading revolutionary generals of the Mexican War of Independence
- Vicente Masip (1506–1579), Spanish painter
- Vicente Pérez Rosales (1807–1886), Chilean politician, traveller and colonization agent
- Vicente Rodríguez (b. 1981), Spanish international footballer
- Vicente Seguí Porres, (b. 1978) Spanish singer winner of "Operación Triunfo" 3rd series in 2003
- Vicente Ten (b. 1966), Spanish politician
- Vicente Yáñez Pinzón (c.1460–1523), Spanish navigator, explorer and conquistador
- Vicente Álvarez Travieso, first alguacil mayor (1731–1779) of San Antonio, Texas
- Vicente de Paula Neto (b. 1979), Brazilian footballer
- Vicente del Bosque (b. 1950), Former Spanish footballer and current manager of the Spain national football team
- Vicente Sotto (1877–1950), Filipino politician
- Vicente Fernández (b. 1940), Mexican retired singer, actor, and film producer.
- Vicente Guaita (b. 1987), Spanish footballer
|Region of origin||Castile, Spain|
- Esteban Vicente (1904–2001), abstract expressionist
- Gil Vicente (1465–1537) Portuguese playwright and poet
- Nieves García Vicente (born 1955), Spanish chess master
- Mariana Vicente, (b. 1989), Miss Universe Puerto Rico 2010
- Bruno Leonardo Vicente, (b. 1989) Brazilian footballer
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Vicente.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.