Vices (Kick Axe album)
|Studio album by|
|Released||14 May 1984 |
|Recorded||The Pasha Music House, Hollywood, California, 1984|
|Label||Pasha / CBS|
|Kick Axe chronology|
|Singles from Vices|
Vices is the debut album by Canadian heavy metal band, Kick Axe. The album was released in 1984 on producer Spencer Proffer's label Pasha Records and distributed by CBS. The album was reissued in 2000 as part of the "Sony Rewind" series.
The album was produced by Spencer Proffer, who was notable for producing Quiet Riot's multi-million selling 1983 album Metal Health. Music videos were produced for the tracks "Heavy Metal Shuffle" and "On the Road to Rock", both of which received moderate airplay on MuchMusic's weekly heavy metal showcase program the Pepsi Power Hour.
- "Heavy Metal Shuffle" (Kick Axe) - 3:15
- "Vices" (Kick Axe/Spencer Proffer) - 4:22
- "Stay on Top" (Kick Axe) - 4:06
- "Dreamin' About You" (Kick Axe) - 4:32
- "Maneater" (Kick Axe) - 3:21
- "30 Days in the Hole" (Steve Mariott) - 3:52 (cassette version only)
- "On the Road to Rock" (Kick Axe) - 4:22
- "Cause for Alarm" (Kick Axe) - 4:38
- "Alive & Kickin'" (Kick Axe) - 3:50
- "All the Right Moves" (Kick Axe) - 4:36
- "Just Passing Through" (Kick Axe/Spencer Proffer) - 4:48
- George Criston - lead vocals
- Larry Gillstrom - lead and rhythm guitars, backing vocals
- Raymond Harvey - lead and rhythm guitars, backing vocals
- Victor Langen - bass guitar, backing vocals
- Brian Gillstrom - drums, backing vocals
- Spencer Proffer - producer
- Amy Laura Kellinger - producer assistant
- Duane Baron, Spencer Proffer, Hanspeter Huber - engineers
- George Marino - mastering
- Dario Campanile - cover art
- Sam Emerson - photographs
- Margo Nahas - logo illustration
- Jay Vigon - logo design
- Jay Vigon, Spencer Proffer - art direction & design
- Terry DiMonte - artist development
- Dave Dick - early direction
- Gail Lee, Karen Chamberlain, Paula Garcia - administrative assistants
- Carol Peters, Lyn Corey-Benson - coordination
- Garry M. Stratychuk - manager
- Dean Zurowski, Dwayne Fynn, David McCann - tour personnel
- "Lethbridge Herald, 12 May 1984, p. A10: Band releases album by Terry Robert Fleming". 12 May 1984.
- Huey, Steve. "Kick Axe Vices review". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 31 August 2011.
- Johnson, Howard (28 June 1984). "Kick Axe 'Vices'". Kerrang!. 71. London, UK: United Magazines Ltd. p. 9.
- "Billboard 200". 8 September 1984.