|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||July 16, 1990|
|Place of birth:||Pascagoula, Mississippi|
|Height:||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight:||224 lb (102 kg)|
|High school:||Pascagoula (MS)|
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 5 / Pick: 170|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2015|
Vick Ballard (born July 16, 1990) is an American football running back who is a free agent. He played college football at Mississippi State, and was selected by the Indianapolis Colts 170th overall in the 2012 NFL Draft.
Ballard attended Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College in 2008 and 2009. Prior to 2010, he transferred to Mississippi State University. In his two years at Mississippi State, he rushed for 2,158 yards on 379 carries and 29 touchdowns. He was named NCJAA 1st Team All-American.
Ballard was drafted by the Indianapolis Colts on April 28, 2012. His first game as a starting running back was played October 14, 2012 against the New York Jets. On October 28, 2012, he caught a pass from Andrew Luck and took it 16 yards for his first career touchdown. Ballard, under pressure from several defensive players, leapt and corkscrewed in mid air as he crossed the goal line. Ballard's score was the game winner in overtime against the Tennessee Titans. On December 16, 2012, Ballard rushed for a career-high 105 yards on 18 carries in a loss to the Houston Texans.
On September 15, 2015, the Colts placed Ballard on waivers. Ballard cleared waivers and reverted to the Colts roster on injured reserve. The Colts and Ballard reached an injury settlement on September 22, making him a free agent.
New Orleans Saints
|2014||Indianapolis Colts||Injured reserve (torn Achilles tendon)|
- "NFL Draft Scout". NFL Draft Scout. 2006-09-21. Retrieved 2012-08-27.
- "Vick Ballard Falls During NFL Combine's 40-yard Dash (VIDEO)". Huffingtonpost.com. 2012-02-27. Retrieved 2012-08-27.
- Vick Ballard Defies Gravity
- Kelley, Craig (September 13, 2013). "Ballard Lost for Season". colts.com. Retrieved September 13, 2013.
- "Vick Ballard has torn Achilles tendon". espn.go.com. July 26, 2014. Retrieved August 28, 2014.
- Alper, Josh (September 15, 2015). "Colts waive Vick Ballard". profootballtalk.nbcsports.com. Retrieved September 22, 2015.
- Holder, Stephen (September 17, 2015). "No answer for why Colts waived Vick Ballard". indystar.com. Retrieved September 22, 2015.
- Alper, Josh (September 22, 2015). "Colts sign Josh Thomas, release Vick Ballard from IR". profootballtalk.nbcsports.com. Retrieved September 22, 2015.
- Crabtree, Curtis (February 3, 2016). "Saints sign former Colts running back Vick Ballard to futures contract". profootballtalk.nbcsports.com. Retrieved February 3, 2016.
- "Saints Sign Rankins, Thomas and Lasco to Four-Year Deals; Release Ballard, Hunt and Opurum". neworleanssaints.com. May 9, 2016. Retrieved May 9, 2016.