Vicki Barbolak was born in Freeport, Illinois. Her mother was a secretary and her father, Pete Barbolak, a former National Football League player, worked in Chicago for the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
At the age of 38, Barbolak saw an ad for a stand-up comedy class and decided to attend. She quickly realized that making people laugh brought her more happiness and joy than she thought was possible. After a few years of doing open mic, Barbolak was noticed by Mitzi Shore, owner of The Comedy Store, where she further developed her craft. In 2018, she was a contestant in season 13 of America's Got Talent, where she finished as a finalist. In 2019, she began her "Trailer Nasty Tour." She competed in season one of America's Got Talent: The Champions but was eliminated during the first week of the competition. She also competed in Britain's Got Talent: The Champions but was eliminated during the fifth week of the competition.
Barbolak is an ordained minister. She is the founder of Wedding Chapel to Go. She is also a speaker at conferences and organization where she discusses humor in the workplace.
Barbolak has lived in a trailer for over 25 years. She is married to Lou Barbolak, a piano player at the Comedy Store where they met. She lives in Rancho Calevero Mobile Home Park in Oceanside, California.
- "Who is Peter 'Pete' Barbolak, Vicki Barbolak's father on America's Got Talent?". CarterMatt. September 19, 2018. Retrieved September 22, 2018.
- Nunn, Jerry (April 1, 2019). "AGT's Vicki Barbolak parks her trailer in Chicago". Chicago Go Pride. Retrieved April 14, 2019.
- "Vicki Barbolak - NBC.com". NBC. Retrieved 21 September 2018.
- Katsilometes, John (2018-10-19). "'AGT' finalist Vicki Barbolak's career going just swimmingly". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved 2019-04-15.
- O'Connor, Keith (2019-02-07). "Comic Vicki Barbolak bringing laughs to MGM Springfield this weekend". MassLive. Retrieved 2019-04-15.
- "Comedian Vicki Barbolak Brings Her TRAILER NASTY TOUR To The Den Theatre". BroadwayWorld. March 7, 2019. Retrieved 2019-04-15.