|Member of the Iowa House of Representatives
from the 85th district
|Preceded by||Clel Baudler|
June 21, 1957 |
Iowa City, Iowa
|Residence||Iowa City, Iowa|
|Alma mater||University of Iowa|
Lensing serves on several committees in the Iowa House: the Environmental Protection committee; the Judiciary committee; the State Government committee; the Government Oversight committee, where she is chair; and the Administration and Regulation Appropriations subcommittees.
Lensing was re-elected in 2006 with 11,000 votes, running unopposed.
Lensing grew up around her grandparents' family business, Mott's Drug Store. Outside politics she is a co-owner of Lensing Funeral & Cremation Service.
Lensing is the daughter of John and Patti Mott. She is married to her husband Rich Templeton and together they have three children: Amanda, Alex, and Nick.
Lensing is or has been a member of the following organizations:
- Iowa City Area Chamber of Commerce- chair (2000)
- Graduate of the Community Leadership Program (1996)
- Districtwide Parents Organization
- City High School Site Council
- Weber Elementary Site Council
- Community Foundation of Johnson County Board
- Johnson County Woman’s Network
- Woman’s Leadership Circle of the Johnson County United Way
- Community Corrections Improvement Association Board
- Reading Recovery Council of Iowa Board
- DMACC Mortuary Science Advisory Committee and Elder Services Board
Honors and awards
Lensing was recognized as a Woman of Influence and received the Friend of the Family Farmer Award from the Iowa Farmers Union in 2009.
- Representative Vicki Lensing official Iowa Legislature site
- Representative Vicki Lensing official Iowa General Assembly site
- Vicki Lensing State Representative official constituency site
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
|Iowa House of Representatives|
2001 – 2003
2003 – present
|This article about an Iowa politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|