Hastings mine explosion
The Hastings mine explosion was a fire at the Victor American Fuel Company coal mine in Hastings, Las Animas County, Colorado, on April 27, 1917, in which 121 people died. A small monument marks the location, on County Road 44, about 1.5 km west of the Ludlow Monument. In June 1912, twelve miners were killed in an explosion at the same mine.
- Clare Vernon McKanna (1997). Homicide, Race, and Justice in the American West, 1880-1920. University of Arizona Press. p. 93. ISBN 978-0-8165-1708-4.
- "Mine Explosion". The Examiner (DAILY ed.). Launceston, Tasmania. 21 June 1912. p. 5. Retrieved 12 August 2015 – via National Library of Australia.
- Photograph of the Hastings mine explosion monument
- Press account from Coal News
- Hastings Mine Explosion monument