|Secretary General of the Government of Moldova|
September 25, 2009
|Prime Minister||Vlad Filat|
27 March 1971 |
|Political party||Liberal Democratic Party of Moldova
Alliance for European Integration (2009–present)
Victor Bodiu (born March 27, 1971, in Chişinău) is a Moldovan politician. Since September 2009 he is the Head of State Chancellery of the Moldovan Government. Having held the title of Minister of State till early 2011, he is the current Secretary General of the Government in the Second Vlad Filat Cabinet.
Victor Bodiu holds a degree in Banking and Finance and a degree in Physics and Engineering.
As Minister of State, and further as Secretary General of the Government, Victor Bodiu had a central role in strategic planning, policy and donors coordination, dialogue with Development partners and bilateral relations on development assistance to the Republic of Moldova;
During one year and a half, major actions initiated and coordinated by him were:
- Rethink Moldova – a policies priorities document, based on which Republic of Moldova has obtained a pledge of 1,8 bil. EUR financing for different sectors.
- Coordination of the Central Public Administration Reform (CPAR) and supervision of relevant projects part of the action, including Moldova e-Government project – part of the CPAR, aimed at modernizing the Moldovan public administration and at implementing modern ICT technologies.
- Maintain dialogue with the Chinese Government loans on infrastructure projects
- Coordination of emergency actions during the summer 2010 floods during one month based in the flooded areas. Subsequent Post-Disaster Needs Assessment and mobilisation of donor-funded resources.
- Elaboration of Government Programme 2011-2014.
- Member of the Committee for Financial Stability, European Integration Committee, Strategic Planning Committee
Permanent communication and interaction based on common undertakings with major Development Partners – IMF, World Bank, European Union, UNDP. Representative of the Government of Moldova at the Council of Europe Bank (CEB)
Since September 2001 till September 2009, he was employed with Raiffeisen, having worked in different locations - Austria, Romania, and Moldova. Until late 2005 Victor Bodiu has been involved in multiple transnational deals involving investment promotion activities in East-European Countries (Austria, Poland, Romania, Moldova). His major task, however, involved the management of Raiffeisen Investment activities in Romania and Moldova. Assisting strategic partners in their investment activities in Moldova, Romania, Poland in form of Direct Investment, Mergers and Acquisitions, privatizations, partnership and relationship building. Major sectors covered: infrastructure, pharmaceuticals, food&beverages, heavy industry, telecom, energy, financial services, retail. With a team of 25 highly qualified specialists, Victor Bodiu managed over 20 projects with a combined portfolio of more than 800 mil. EUR. Till this date, he was also in charge of planning the Raiffeisen Group entry to the Moldovan market; further planning and strategy development. As of January 2006 Victor Bodiu is full-time based in Moldova, as Managing Director of Raiffeisen Leasing Moldova (officially founded in December 2007). In two years the company became number three in overall local leasing market, number two as corporate financing and number one in equipment financing, with a turnover of more than 50 mio MDL. As of 2009 Raiffeisen Leasing built a portfolio of 90 mio MDL, with a strong client base of almost 200 corporate and private clients. Raiffeisen Leasing portfolio is also the healthiest portfolio among other market players, with a Non Performance Loans rate of less than 5% (very important in the crisis period).
In 1999-2001, he was the Director General of the Privatization Department.
His early career involved multiple international consulting assignments since 1994 till 1999 for the Governments of Ukraine and Moldova on privatization issues, development of securities markets, stock exchange procedures, portfolio management, capital rising, financial markets, licensing procedures and taxation, export promotion and investment attraction.
- Government of Moldova
- Victor Bodiu's intervention at the United Nations - Millennium Development Goals Summit, September 2010
- Victor Bodiu, ro