|Full name||Viktor Bologan|
December 14, 1971 |
Chişinău, Moldavian SSR, Soviet Union
|FIDE rating||2611 (August 2015)
(No. 53 in the October 2012 FIDE World Rankings)
|Peak rating||2734 (August 2012)|
Viktor (Viorel) Bologan (born December 14, 1971) is a Moldovan chess grandmaster. His major accomplishment has been winning the Dortmund Sparkassen 2003, ahead of higher-rated and well-known players such as Vladimir Kramnik, Viswanathan Anand, and Peter Leko.
Bologan won the first two editions of the Karpov Poikovsky Tournament in 2000 and 2001. In 2003 he won also the Aeroflot Open, one of the largest open tournaments with 150 grandmasters participating. He won the 2005 Canadian Open Chess Championship. In May 2010, he tied for 1st–2nd with Zahar Efimenko in the 40th Bosna International tournament in Sarajevo.
- Bologan, Viktor (2007). Victor Bologan: Selected Games 1985–2004. Russell Enterprises Inc. ISBN 978-1-888690-37-8
- Bologan, Viktor (2008). The Chebanenko Slav According to Bologan. New In Chess. ISBN 978-90-5691-246-8.
- Bologan, Viktor (2009). The King's Indian According to Bologan. A Complete Black Repertoire. Chess Stars. ISBN 978-954-8782-71-5.
- Bologan, Victor (2011). The Rossolimo Sicilian. New In Chess. ISBN 978-90-5691-345-8.
- Bologan, Viktor (2012). The Powerful Catalan: A Complete Repertoire for White. New In Chess. ISBN 978-90-5691-401-1.
- Bologan, Viktor (2014). Bologan's Black Weapons in the Open Games: How to Play for a Win if White Avoids the Ruy Lopez. New In Chess. ISBN 9056915436.
ChessBase Fritztrainer opening DVD's
- Bologan, Viktor (2009). The King's Indian. Fritztrainer opening DVD, ChessBase. ISBN 978-3-86681-139-3.
- Bologan, Viktor (2009). The Caro–Kann. Fritztrainer opening DVD, ChessBase. ISBN 978-3-86681-131-7.
- Bologan, Viktor (2010). The Sicilian Rossolimo for White. Fritztrainer opening DVD, ChessBase.
- Bologan, Viktor (2010). The Fighting Philidor. Fritztrainer opening DVD, ChessBase.
- Bologan, Viktor (2011). Beating the Sicilian: Grandmaster Bologan's Repertoire Vol. 1, 2 and 3. Fritztrainer opening DVD, ChessBase.
- Bologan, Viktor. The Catalan: A complete repertoire for White! Fritztrainer opening DVD, ChessBase.
- Bologan, Viktor. Fit for the French. Fritztrainer opening DVD, ChessBase.
- Viktor is his official name, Viorel is his home name; according to his autobiography he is called Viorel by his mother.
- Silver, Albert (13 May 2014). "XV Karpov-Poikovsky starts with firebrand lineup". ChessBase. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- "The Week in Chess: 40th Bosna International 2010". Chess.co.uk. Retrieved 16 May 2010.
- Bartelski, Wojciech. "Men's Chess Olympiads: Viorel Bologan". OlimpBase. Retrieved 14 November 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Victor Bologan.|
- Viktor Bologan player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Profile of Victor Bologan.
- Sparkassen 2003 Tournament
- Interview with Victor Bologan
- Bisik-Bisik with GM Victor Bologan
|This biographical article relating to a Moldovan chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|