Victor Lazzarini (born 1969) is a Brazilian-Irish composer and computer music researcher. Born in Londrina, Brazil, he studied music in the local conservatory and completed his B.Mus. (Composition) at the State University of Campinas (UNICAMP). He received a doctorate from the University of Nottingham in 1996. Since 1998, he has been working at Maynooth University, where he is currently a Professor of Music and Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies and Philosophy.
Lazzarini is one of the leading developers of Csound along with John ffitch and Steven Yi, and the author of the Sound Object (SndObj) Library. Lazzarini has contributed a number of new sound synthesis techniques such as Modified FM Synthesis, Vector Phase Shaping, Feedback AM, and Adaptive Frequency Modulation. He is the co-editor, with Richard Boulanger, of the Audio Programming Book.
Lazzarini has composed music for films, as well as electronic and instrumental works. He was the winner of the AIC/IMRO Mostly Modern International Composer's Competition in Ireland and the Hallward Composition Prize in the UK.
- "Victor Lazzarini". Contemporary Music Centre, Ireland. 27 May 2016.
- "Google Scholar - Victor Lazzarini".
- "Maynooth University Faculty of Arts, Celtic Studies & Philosophy - People".
- "Home - Csound Community".,
- "AES E-Library » Theory and Practice of Modified Frequency Modulation Synthesis".
- "Automatic Calibration of Modified FM Synthesis to Harmonic Sounds using Genetic Algorithms" (PDF).
- Kleimola, Jari; Lazzarini, Victor; Välimäki, Vesa; Timoney, Joseph (30 December 2010). "Feedback Amplitude Modulation Synthesis". 2011 (1). doi:10.1155/2011/434378.
- "The Generation of Natural-Synthetic Spectra by the Means of Adaptive Frequency Modulation".
- "MIT Press - The Audio Programming Book".
- "Soneto do Desmantelo Blue".
- "Rapsodia para Cinema e Orquestra".
- "A Curva do Labirinto".
- Victor Lazzarini, Voices Inside, CD, Far Point Recordings
- "Contemporary Music from Ireland, vol.5".
- Dignam, B., "Victor Lazzarini" in White, H. and Boydell, B, (eds.) Encyclopaedia of Music in Ireland, UCD Press 2013, ISBN 9781906359782
- "Musicon - Guia da Música Contemporâne Brasileira".
- Victor Lazzarini at the Contemporary Music Centre Ireland
- The Audio Programming Blog
- Cross-Adaptive Processing project blogs
|This article on a Brazilian composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|