Victor Li Tzar-kuoi
|Chairman of CK Asset Holdings|
Chairman of CK Hutchison Holdings
|Assumed office |
10 May 2018
|Preceded by||Li Ka Shing|
|Chairman of CK Life Sciences|
|Assumed office |
29 April 2002
|Chairman of CK Infrastructure Holdings|
|Assumed office |
28 May 1996
|Born||1 August 1964|
|Spouse(s)||Wong Li Qiao|
Chong Yuet Ming
|Relatives||Richard Li (brother)|
|Alma mater||St. Paul's Co-educational College|
|Li Tzar Kuoi|
Victor Li Tzar Kuoi, is a Hong Kong businessman, currently the Chairman of the Board and Group Co-Managing Director of CK Hutchison Holdings Limited and the Chairman of the Board and Managing Director of CK Asset Holdings Limited and the Chairman of CK Infrastructure Holdings Limited. He is the elder son of tycoon Li Ka-shing and the brother of Richard Li.
Born in Hong Kong on 1 August 1964, attended the St. Paul's Co-educational College in Hong Kong, and holds a B.Sc. degree in Civil Engineering and a M.Sc. degree in Civil Engineering from Stanford University and an honorary degree, Doctor of Laws, honoris causa (LL.D.) from University of Western Ontario.
Victor Li was kidnapped in 1996 on his way home after work by notorious gangster "Big Spender" Cheung Tze-keung. His father Li Ka-shing paid a ransom of HK$1 billion, directly to Cheung who had come to Li Ka-shing's house. Victor Li is said to have been released after one night. A report was never filed with Hong Kong police. Instead the case was pursued by Mainland authorities, leading to Big Spender's execution in 1998, an outcome not possible under Hong Kong law. Rumours circulated of a deal between Li Senior and the Mainland.
Victor Li currently holds the following positions:
- Chairman and Group Co-Managing Director of CK Hutchison Holdings Limited
- Chairman and Managing Director of CK Asset Holdings Limited
- Chairman of CK Infrastructure Holdings Limited
- Chairman of CK Life Sciences Int'l., (Holdings) Inc.
- Non-executive Director of Power Assets Holdings Limited
- Deputy Chairman of HK Electric Investments Limited
- Deputy Chairman of Li Ka Shing Foundation Limited, Li Ka Shing (Overseas) Foundation and Li Ka Shing (Canada) Foundation
- Co-Chairman of Husky Energy Inc.
- Director of the Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation
Victor Li serves as a member of the Standing Committee of the 13th National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference. He is also a member of the Chief Executive's Council of Advisers on Innovation and Strategic Development of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. Li is the Vice Chairman of the Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce, and is also the Honorary Consul, for Barbados in Hong Kong.
- Insight: HK's Victor Li, son of "Superman", has hard act to follow
- "Victor Li." Iris Leung. Canadian Encyclopedia. 27 March 2017. Retrieved 2017-06-14.
- "CK Life Sciences Intl Holdings Inc (0775.HK)" section Biographies. Reuters. Retrieved 2017-06-14.
- "Kidnapper of Li Ka-shing's son rang tycoon to ask where he should invest HK$1billion ransom." Mimi Lau. South China Morning Post. 29 November 2013. Retrieved 2017-06-14.
- "Victor Li: CK Hutchison not withdrawing from China." EJ Insight. Hong Kong Economic Journal. 6 October 2015. Retrieved 2017-06-14.
- "Cheung Kong’s Victor Li Says Open to Sale of City Buildings." Frederik Balfour. Bloomberg News. 12 August 2016. Retrieved 2017-06-14.
- "What is behind the restructuring of CKI and Power Assets?" Ben Kwok. EJ Insight. Hong Kong Economic Journal. 8 September 2015. Retrieved 2017-06-14.
- "Board of Directors" section Non-executive Director. Power Assets. Retrieved 2017-06-14.
- "Victor Li acquires Canada's Reliance Home Comfort for C$2.8 billion." John Tilak. Reuters. 31 March 2017. Retrieved 2017-06-14.