Viktor Maslov (mathematician)
|Alma mater||Lomonosov Moscow State University|
|Known for||Maslov index|
|Awards||State Prize of the USSR (1978); A.M.Lyapunov Gold Medal (USSR Academy of Science, 1982); Lenin Prize (1985); State Prize of the Russian Federation (1997); Demidov prize (2000); Independent Russian Triumph Prize (2002); State Prize of the Russian Federation (2013)|
|Institutions||Lomonosov Moscow State University|
|Doctoral advisor||Sergei Fomin|
Viktor Pavlovich Maslov (Russian: Виктор Павлович Маслов; born 15 June 1930, Moscow) is a Russian physicist and mathematician. He is a member of the Russian Academy of Sciences. He obtained his doctorate in physico-mathematical sciences in 1957. His main fields of interest are quantum theory, idempotent analysis, non-commutative analysis, superfluidity, superconductivity, and phase transitions. He is editor-in-chief of Mathematical Notes and Russian Journal of Mathematical Physics.
- Karasëv, M. V.; Maslov, V. P.: Nonlinear Poisson brackets. Geometry and quantization. Translated from the Russian by A. Sossinsky [A. B. Sosinskiĭ] and M. Shishkova. Translations of Mathematical Monographs, 119. American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 1993.
- Kolokoltsov, Vassili N.; Maslov, Victor P.: Idempotent analysis and its applications. Translation of Idempotent analysis and its application in optimal control (Russian), "Nauka" Moscow, 1994. Translated by V. E. Nazaikinskii. With an appendix by Pierre Del Moral. Mathematics and its Applications, 401. Kluwer Academic Publishers Group, Dordrecht, 1997.
- Maslov, V. P.; Fedoriuk, M. V.: Semiclassical approximation in quantum mechanics. Translated from the Russian by J. Niederle and J. Tolar. Mathematical Physics and Applied Mathematics, 7. Contemporary Mathematics, 5. D. Reidel Publishing Co., Dordrecht-Boston, Mass., 1981.
- This book was cited over 700 times at Google Scholar in 2011.
- Maslov, V. P. Operational methods. Translated from the Russian by V. Golo, N. Kulman and G. Voropaeva. Mir Publishers, Moscow, 1976.