|Occupation||Trader, index developer, financial commentator|
Victor Sperandeo, known as “Trader Vic”, is a US trader, index developer, and financial commentator based in Grapevine, Texas, United States. He serves as the President and CEO of Alpha Financial Technologies, LLC (AFT), is a founding partner of EAM Partners L.P., and serves as the President and CEO of its general partner, EAM Corporation.
Sperandeo traded in commodities, particularly in the energy and metals sectors. He is renowned for having 'predicted' the stock market crash of 1987 during an extensive interview in the September 21 issue of Barron's; on October 16, one trading session prior to Black Monday, Sperandeo shorted the Dow and made 300% during a day the DJIA fell by over 20%.
- Schwager, Jack D. (1995). The New Market Wizards. 16 pages: Wiley; New Ed edition. ISBN 0-471-13236-5.
- Rubenfeld, Alan (1992). Super Traders. McGraw-Hill. ISBN 1-55738-284-0.
- Trader Vic – Methods of a Wall Street Master, John Wiley & Sons, 1993, ISBN 0-471-30497-2.
- Trader Vic II : Principles of Professional Speculation, John Wiley & Sons, 1994, ISBN 0-471-53577-X.
- Trader Vic on Commodities: What’s Unknown, Misunderstood, and Too Good To Be True, John Wiley & Sons, 2008, ISBN 0-470-10212-8.
- Sperandeo has also authored articles and editorials for dozens of publications including Barron’s, The Wall Street Journal, Institutional Investor and many other professional magazines.
- Michael Martin (October 2008). – Hall of Fame: “To The Victor”. - Trader Monthly.
- Martin, Michael (October 2008). "Trader Monthly Hall of Fame" (PDF). Alpha Financial Technologies. Doubledown Media. p. 76. Retrieved April 30, 2016.