Life and work
The Victor Tolgesy Arts Award is presented jointly by the City of Ottawa and the Council for the Arts in Ottawa to recognize residents who have contributed to the cultural life of Ottawa. The first award was presented in 1987. The award consists of cash prize and a bronze casting of Tolgesy's 1963 sculpture Seed and Flower.
- "Victor Tolgesy". National Gallery of Canada. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
- "The "Explorer" sculpture by Victor Tolgesy". Expo 67 in Montreal (website). Retrieved 11 October 2013.
- "Members since 1880". Royal Canadian Academy of Arts. Archived from the original on 26 May 2011. Retrieved 11 September 2013.
- Ruprecht, Tony (2010). Toronto's Many Faces. Dundurn. ISBN 1459718054.
- "The Victor Tolgesy Arts Award". Council for the Arts in Ottawa. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
Tolgesy, Victor. Acrobatics: A Tale of Fantasy and Reality in Words and Sculpture (Ottawa:Edahl Productions Limited, 1985) ISBN 0969120532, 9780969120537 A 'modern fairy tale' illustrated with color photographs of the author's sculptures.
- VictorTolgesy.ca at the Wayback Machine (archived March 11, 2007)
- Victor Tolgesy on Toronto Sculpture