Victoria Barracks, Windsor
|Windsor, Berkshire in England|
Band of The Scots Guards leaves Victoria Barracks
Shown within Berkshire
|Owner||Ministry of Defence|
|Occupants||1st Battalion, Coldstream Guards|
The barracks were built in 1853 and were enlarged in 1911. The old barracks were completely demolished in 1988 and new barracks were built between 1989 and 1993. The barracks remain the place from where troops set off to change the guard at Windsor Castle. The Coldstream Guards, who have been based at the barracks since 2011, will remain there until 2019 enabling them to build strong links with the town.
- "A brief history of Windsor". Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- "The royal borough of Windsor: Introduction, A History of the County of Berkshire: Volume 3". 1923. pp. 1–5. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- "Victoria Barracks". Hansard. 18 October 1889. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- Naylor, p. 199
- "Changing the Guard at Windsor Castle". Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- "Coldstream Guards to be based in Windsor for another six years". Windsor Observer. 30 April 2013. Retrieved 7 December 2015.
|This Berkshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United Kingdom military article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|