Victoria Chang is an American poet and children's writer. Her fourth book of poems, Barbie Chang, is forthcoming from Copper Canyon Press in 2017. Her third book of poetry, "The Boss" was published by McSweeney's as part of the McSweeney's Poetry Series in July 2013—it won a PEN Center USA literary award and a California Book Award. Her most recent poetry collection is Salvinia Molesta (University of Georgia Press, 2008). Her first book, Circle (Southern Illinois University Press, 2005), won the Crab Orchard Series in Poetry.
She also occasionally writes picture books for children and middle grade novels, and her picture book, Is Mommy? published by Beach Lane Books (Simon & Schuster) in the fall of 2015, illustrated by Marla Frazee, was named a New York Times Notable Book. She was awarded a Guggenheim Fellowship in 2017.
Victoria Chang was born in Detroit, Michigan, in 1970 and raised in the suburb of West Bloomfield. Her parents were immigrants from Taiwan. She graduated from the University of Michigan, Harvard University, and Stanford Business School. She also has an MFA in poetry from the Warren Wilson MFA Program for Writers where she held a Holden Scholarship. She worked for Morgan Stanley in investment banking, Booz Allen & Hamilton in management consulting, and others.
She lives in Southern California and spent her business career working in marketing and communications. She now focuses on writing and teaching.  She teaches poetry at Chapman University and Orange County School of the Arts. In the summers, she occasionally teaches at Idyllwild Writers Week.
Honors and awards
- Guggenheim Fellowship 2017
- IS MOMMY? named a New York Times Notable Book in 2015
- 2014, The Boss winner of a 2014 PEN Center USA Literary Award
- 2014, The Boss winner of a 2013 Commonwealth California Book Award (Silver Medal)
- 2004 Crab Orchard Review Open Competition Award
- Salivinia Molesta Finalist for the 2008 Commonwealth California Book Award
- Circle, Winner of the Association for Asian American Studies Book award
- Circle, finalist for the PEN Center West Book Award
- 2007 Ploughshares Cohen Award
- 2005 Bread Loaf Writers' Conference Fellowship
- 2005 Sewanee Writers' Conference Fellowship
- 2003 Bread Loaf Writers' Conference Scholarship
Full-Length Poetry Collections
- Barbie Chang, forthcoming from Copper Canyon Press, 2017
- The Boss, McSweeney's Poetry Series
- Salvinia molesta: poems. University of Georgia Press. 2008. ISBN 978-0-8203-3176-8.
- Circle. Southern Illinois University Press. 2005. ISBN 978-0-8093-2618-1.
Children's Picture Books
- Victoria M. Chang, ed. (2004). Title Asian American poetry: the next generation. University of Illinois Press. ISBN 978-0-252-07174-4.
- Paul Muldoon, David Lehman, eds. (2005). "Seven Changs". Title The Best American Poetry 2005. Simon and Schuster. ISBN 978-0-7432-5738-1.
- Victoria Chang (Fall 2012). "[The boss wears wrist guards I risk carpal tunnel without them can't]". Gulf Coast: A Journal of Literature and Fine Arts. Retrieved 2012-06-23.
- Author's Website
- Author's Blog
- Interview: every other day > 13 June 2006 > Victoria Chang Interview
- Audio: Victoria Chang Reading for From the Fishouse
- "Drawing New Circles: Dialogue with Victoria Chang", Emprise Review
- "The Guests". Threepenny Review. Summer 2005.
- "Love Poem as Eye Examination". The Missouri Review.
- "Proof". Ploughshares. Spring 2006. Archived from the original on February 17, 2007.
- "Spring Planting". Ploughshares. Spring 2006. Archived from the original on November 4, 2007.