||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2008)|
November 27, 1962 |
Brooklyn, New York, United States
|Spouse(s)||Carmine Agnello (1984–2003) div.|
Victoria was born in Brooklyn, New York City. Her father was convicted mob boss and criminal John Gotti and her mother was Victoria DiGiorgio, who is of Russian ancestry on her mother's side. Victoria Gotti was raised in Howard Beach, New York with her siblings Angel Gotti, John A. Gotti, Peter Gotti, and Frank Gotti.
Victoria entered St. Johns University after graduating high school. She claimed while at St. Johns that she suffered from mitral valve prolapse, a rare condition that makes the heart race, causing dizziness and palpitations. Her condition meant that she needed to watch her health carefully, take regular medication, and occasionally wear a heart monitor. She was often exempt from arduous academic commitments because of her health concerns. She also began to develop a condition in which one eye would water incessantly.
In August 2005, Gotti claimed that she had breast cancer. However, after being accused of faking her illness by various media outlets, she admitted soon after her initial announcement that she did have precancerous cells present in her breast, rather than an actual diagnosis. The bad media that she received from her breast cancer claim is also believed to have caused the cancellation of Growing Up Gotti. Her publicist Matt Rich also quit as a result of the incident.
Victoria Gotti was a columnist at the New York Post and the American tabloid Star. She has also authored several books: Senator's Daughter (1997), I'll Be Watching You (1998), Superstar (2000), Hot Italian Dish (2006), and This Family of Mine: What It Was Like Growing Up Gotti (2009).
- In Break From Code, Gotti Women Soak Up Trial Spotlight
- Biography at biography.com
- "Report: Gotti Breast Cancer a Sham". Fox News. August 24, 2005.
- "Victoria Gotti Faces Foreclosure on Mansion". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 2009-05-12.
- "Growing Up Gotti".
- "Victoria Gotti Eliminated From Celebrity Apprentice 2012 in Episode 2 Tonight". Hollywood Hills.
- Elizabeth Black. In This Mob Wives Season 5 Supertrailer". United States: VH1. Viacom Media Networks. Retrieved July 23, 2015 ""Where Is The Loyalty?".