Victoria Independent School District
VISD serves the city of Victoria and the unincorporated community of McFaddin. Middle and high school students from the community of Nursery may choose between Victoria ISD or Cuero Independent School District.
- Grades 9-12
- Victoria East High School
- Victoria West High School
- Grades 6-8
- Howell Middle School
- Cade Middle School
- Patti Welder Middle School
- Stroman Middle School
- Grades K-5
- DeLeon Elementary School
- Guadalupe Elementary School
- Mission Valley Elementary School
- William Wood Elementary School
- Grades PK-5
- Aloe Elementary School
- Chandler Elementary School
- Crain Elementary School
- Dudley Magnet School
- F.W. Gross Montessori Magnet School
- Hopkins Magnet School
- Juan Linn Magnet School
- O'Connor Magnet School
- Rowland Magnet School
- Schorlemmer Elementary school
- Shields Magnet School
- Smith Magnet School
- Torres Elementary School
- Vickers Elementary School
- Career & Technical Institute (Grades 9-12)
- Juvenile Justice Center (Grades 5-12)
- Mitchell Guidance Center (Grades 6-12)
- Liberty Academy (Grades 9-12)
- Victoria Area Center for Advanced Learning (Grades 9-12)
In May 2007, voters approved a $159 million bond package that called for the construction of new schools as well as renovation of existing campuses. Five new campuses - two elementary, one middle, and two high schools - were constructed as a part of this bond measure. The elementary school sites are located at 4208 Lone Tree Road and 2654 Mallette Drive. These schools opened at the start of the 2009-2010 school year. The new middle school and two high schools opened the following year. The Stroman Campus of Memorial High School became the Victoria Area Advanced Learning Center, offering middle and high school students higher level courses in a centralized location. The Memorial High School Senior Campus will became the district's events center. Memorial Stadium is located on this site as well as a quality track, tennis courts, dressing rooms for multiple sports, and an agricultural farm with classroom facilities. A new auditorium and natatorium, included in the overall bond package, were also constructed on the site.
- "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2015-10-25.
- VISD Voters Give Green Light to Facilities Improvements – Victoria ISD. Retrieved 12-17-2008.
- Construction Projects – Victoria ISD. Retrieved 12-17-2008.
- VISD Bond Plan Q&A– Victoria ISD. Retrieved 12-17-2008.