|Alma mater||New York University|
|Occupation||Actress, model, activist|
Victoria Loke (Chinese: 陆詠怡; pinyin: Lù Yǒngyí; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: Lio̍k Éng-î) is a Singaporean actress, activist, and model. She is best known for her role as Fiona Tung-Cheng in the 2018 romantic comedy-drama film Crazy Rich Asians.
Early life and education
Victoria Loke was born and raised in Singapore. She began taking drama and speech classes as a child to overcome shyness. She began training in classical ballet when she was five and Tae Kwon Do when she was eight. She also studied guitar, piano, and percussion.
She first appeared in music videos for Talib Kweli, Anthony Cruz, and Natural Elements. She modeled in brand campaigns and commercials for international street-ware labels and website pictorials for Coca-Cola, MTV, Avon, Hypebeast, Swagger New York, RADO LOUNGE, Bastards of Young Indonesia, and Dismagazine.
In an interview with Emily Weiss of Into the Gloss, Loke stated that early in her career she was often cast as a girlfriend of Caucasian male characters in commercials, modeling campaigns, and independent short films and rarely saw Asian women in main roles, instead seeing Asian women portrayed as girlfriends, service attendants, or stewardesses.
In 2014 Loke co-founded #AsianGirl, a collaborative art series focused on dissecting Western hyper-sexualisation of Eastern bodies and challenging reductive stereotypes assigned to Asian womanhood.
After graduating from New York University, Loke moved back to Singapore and auditioned for the role of Kitty Pong in the 2018 film Crazy Rich Asians. She was cast as Fiona Tung-Cheng in Crazy Rich Asians, making her studio-film debut. In September 2018, Loke confirmed that she was signed to portray Fiona Tung-Cheng in the Crazy Rich Asians sequel, China Rich Girlfriend.
In 2018, she began working for the Singapore Committee for UN Women, which focuses on gender equality and female empowerment. She has advocated for the rights of sex workers and domestic workers.
|2017||Un vase à Chinatown||Customer||Jeremy Hung|
|2018||Crazy Rich Asians||Fiona Tung-Cheng||Jon M. Chu|
|China Rich Girlfriend||Fiona Tung-Cheng||Jon M. Chu||pre-production|
- Avery, Daniel. "The Countdown: Crazy Rich Asians (Part II)". News Week. Retrieved 6 January 2019.
- "Crazy Rich Asians Star Victoria Loke Talks Fashion, Beauty and More". Heather Dunhill. 7 September 2018. Retrieved 6 January 2019.
- Davis, Judith. "Meet 'Crazy Rich Asians' Star Victoria Loke". Mogul. Retrieved 6 January 2019.
- Omar, Yasmin (11 September 2018). "Meet the rising star of Crazy Rich Asians: the rom-com everyone's talking about". Harper's Bazaar. Hearst Communications. Retrieved 6 January 2019.
- Manske, Laura (25 August 2018). "Crazy Rich Asians: Actress Victoria Loke Reveals Her Top 20 Travel Tips For New York And Singapore". Forbes. Retrieved 6 January 2019.
- Torkornoo, Sarah (26 September 2018). "Victoria Loke Talks "Crazy Rich Asians," And Life After The Box Office Hit". Galore. Retrieved 6 January 2019.
- Weiss, Emily (10 August 2018). "Victoria Loke, Actress". Into the Gloss. Retrieved 6 January 2019.
- Pyne, Irene (18 October 2018). "7 things you didn't know about 'Crazy Rich Asians' actress Victoria Loke". South China Morning Post. Alibaba Group. Retrieved 6 January 2019.
- E., Maolen (28 July 2018). "'Crazy Rich Asians' Movie Is Set To Hit Theaters Next Month". Business Times. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- Guillaume, Jenna (18 August 2018). "If You're Thirsty For The "Crazy Rich Asians", Here's Where To Find Them On Social Media". BuzzFeed. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- Tran, Michael. "Crazy Rich Asians World Premiere: Victoria Loke". E!. NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment Group. Retrieved 6 January 2019.
- Briones, Isis (28 September 2018). "How This Cast Member Really Feels About The 'Crazy Rich Asians' Sequel". Forbes. Retrieved 6 January 2019.
- "What I've Learned – Actor Victoria Loke". Maison Zhou. 16 August 2018. Retrieved 6 January 2019.
- Dunhill, Heather (7 September 2018). "Crazy Rich Asians Star Victoria Loke Talks Fashion, Beauty and More". Sarasota Magazine. Retrieved 6 January 2019.