Victoria Park railway station, Perth
Southbound view in April 2012
|Location||Kitchener Avenue, Victoria Park
|Owned by||Public Transport Authority|
|Distance||6.2 kilometres from Perth|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
99051 (platform 1)
99052 (platform 2)
|Rebuilt||2 August 2008|
Victoria Park railway station is a railway station on the Transperth network. It is located on the Armadale line, 6.2 kilometres from Perth station serving the suburbs of Victoria Park, Lathlain and Burswood.
The original Victoria Park station opened in 1898. As part of improvements to the Armadale line following the announcement of the new Mandurah line alignment in August 2002, the rail alignment was upgraded including the introduction of grade separated rail crossings. The nearby Lathlain station was also demolished, in preparation for the construction of a new Victoria Park station nearby. After some delay, on 17 July 2007 Planning and Infrastructure Minister Alannah MacTiernan announced that a contract for the construction of the new station had been awarded for a new station 230 metres south of the existing station.
As with the previous station, the platforms are in an island configuration. Unlike the previous station, the platforms may be accessed via covered walkway, accessible ramps and lifts, which are of particular importance due to the station's location adjacent to the Association for the Blind.
|Stop||Route||Destination / description||Notes|
| Rutland Avenue (north-west bound)||907, 908||Rail replacement service to Perth station|
| Rutland Avenue (south-east bound)||907||Rail replacement service to Armadale station|
|908||Rail replacement service to Thornlie station|
- History of Stations on the Armadale Train Line Right Track
- Victoria Park rail services to be upgraded Minister for Planning & Infrastructure 13 December 2002
- "Push for better public transport services". The Canning Examiner. 2 March 2006. p. 2.
- Victoria Park Station work to start next month Minister for Planning & Infrastructure 17 July 2007
- New Victoria Park Train Station opened Minister for Planning & Infrastructure 2 August 2008
- Our History Public Transport Authority
- Old station to be demolished from 27 July 2008 Transperth
- Armadale/Thornlie Line Timetable Transperth 31 January 2016
- Media related to Victoria Park railway station, Perth at Wikimedia Commons
- Gallery History of Western Australian Railways & Stations
|Preceding station||Transperth Trains network||Following station|