Silvstedt at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival
Karin Victoria Silvstedt
19 September 1974
|Occupation||Model, actress, singer, television personality|
(m. 2000; div. 2009)
|Hair color||light blonde|
|Playboy centerfold appearance|
|Preceded by||Ulrika Ericsson|
|Succeeded by||Jami Ferrell|
|Playboy Playmate of the Year|
|Preceded by||Stacy Sanches|
|Succeeded by||Karen McDougal|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight||139 lb (63 kg; 9.9 st)|
Born in Skelleftehamn, Sweden, Silvstedt was raised in a family of five in Bollnäs, having one older sister and one younger brother. She was keen on horseback riding and wanted to become a veterinarian.
Silvstedt's father was the captain of a local ski team, and she started alpine skiing at the age of five. In 1989, Silvstedt placed fourth at the Swedish national alpine skiing youth championship, in the giant slalom event won by Pernilla Wiberg. However, an accident in the middle of a skiing competition where she injured her shoulder ended Silvstedt's competitive skiing career at the age of 16.
Silvstedt participated in the Miss Sweden beauty pageant, and she was chosen to represent her country in the 1993 Miss World pageant in Sun City, South Africa, eventually making the Top 10. Silvstedt was signed up by a modeling agency in Paris, and she started working for various prestigious fashion houses, including Chanel, Christian Dior, Giorgio Armani, Givenchy, Loris Azzaro, and Valentino, appearing in advertisements and fashion shows.
Silvstedt was soon noticed by Hugh Hefner, who invited her to do a photo shoot for Playboy magazine in Los Angeles. She became the December 1996 Playmate of the Month, and was then chosen as the 1997 Playmate of the Year. Silvstedt has since appeared in various Playboy magazines, including Playboy Special Editions, as well as Playboy Videos. In the late 1990s, Silvstedt landed one of the most sought-after modeling contracts in the world, becoming the Guess? spokesmodel, succeeding among others Claudia Schiffer and Anna Nicole Smith.
In the 2000s and 2010s, Silvstedt has continued modeling internationally, appearing in numerous magazines, including FHM, Glamour, GQ, Hello!, Maxim and Vanity Fair, working for various brands such as Lynx, Nike, Renault and Triumph International, and being the cover star for the re-issued Russ Meyer DVDs.
She has been featured on over 500 magazine covers.
Silvstedt has worked as an actress since the late 1990s, when she appeared in Hollywood television series such as Malibu, CA and Melrose Place. Since then, Silvstedt has also appeared in a number of Hollywood comedy films, including BASEketball, The Independent, Out Cold, and Boat Trip. Silvstedt has also appeared as a guest actress on Ocean Ave., a Miami-based soap opera, broadcast in Sweden and Florida.
Silvstedt has also starred in films and television series in various European countries, especially in Italy. As a leading actress, she has appeared in Italian films such as La mia vita a stelle e strisce and Un maresciallo in gondola, in which she played Kim Novak. She has also had supporting roles in films like Un'estate al mare and Matrimonio alle Bahamas. In 2010, Silvstedt starred in Just for the Record, a British mockumentary, starring also Steven Berkoff among others (Tagline: "They made the worst film of all time... let the trial begin"). She also had a small role in the French film Heartbreaker, starring Romain Duris and Vanessa Paradis.
Silvstedt has been presenting numerous television shows and television specials all around the world since the 1990s. She has hosted entertainment shows such as Candid Camera on CBS, Eurotrash on Channel 4, and Wild On! on E!, and appeared as a presenter in various awards shows, including NRJ and World Music Awards. She has also served as a celebrity judge on Project Catwalk, the British reality television series focusing on fashion design.
In 2006, Silvstedt started working as a hostess of La Roue de la Fortune in France and La Ruota Della Fortuna in Italy. Both of the shows are based on the popular American game show Wheel of Fortune, and Silvstedt divided her time between Paris and Rome, filming one of the shows for one month at a time, until 2009, when the Italian version was cancelled. As of 2012, Silvsted is no longer part of the French version either.
In 2010, Silvstedt hosted her own television show Sport by Victoria on Eurosport during the 2010 Winter Olympics. The light-hearted programme introduced different winter sports, and it was done both in English and French.
Since 2011, Silvstedt has also hosted numerous Le grand bêtisier television specials on TF1 in France, including the Christmas special Le grand bêtisier de Noël, which attracted over three million viewers and an audience share of 32.7 percent on Christmas Eve 2011.
Silvstedt released her dance music album Girl on the Run through the EMI label in 1999. Three singles, "Hello Hey", "Rocksteady Love", and "Party Line", were also released to support the album sales, and the album went gold in Sweden. In 2010, Silvstedt released her fourth single called "Saturday Night", a Whigfield cover.
Silvstedt has said she loves singing, but it is just a hobby, and that she cannot see herself making a full-time career out of it.
Having an interest in fashion design, Silvstedt launched her own lingerie collection Very Victoria Silvstedt at London Fashion Week in 2006. The Very Victoria Silvstedt brand was then officially launched for retail in collaboration with the Marie Meili brand in Paris in 2013.
Silvstedt debuted with her own reality television series Victoria Silvstedt: My Perfect Life on E! in 2008. The show has since been aired all around the world, including Europe, Asia, Australia, and the Americas.
The first season covers Silvstedt's personal and work life, following her to St. Tropez, Monaco, Cannes, Paris, Rome, London, Helsinki, Stockholm, Los Angeles, and New York. Silvstedt also visits her family in Northern Sweden, where she grew up, spending time with her childhood friends, horseback riding et cetera.
In 2016, Silvstedt participated in the Swedish reality series Stjärnorna på godset alongside some of Swedens best known reality series stars such as Meral Tasbas, Qristina Ribohn and Robban Andersson. The series was broadcast on TV3.
Silvstedt published her autobiography Les Secrets de Victoria. Dans la Tête de Victoria Silvstedt (Jean-Claude Gawsewitch Éditeur), co-written with journalist Christelle Crosnier, in France in 2010.
According to the Finnish broadsheet newspaper Keskisuomalainen, Silvstedt earns millions of dollars every year for her work in modelling, television presenting, and promoting various brands and products.
- 1999 : Girl on the Run
(From "Girl on the Run")
- 2010 : "Saturday Night"
- "Playmate data". Retrieved 24 November 2010.
- Expressen, 29 October 2004.
- Victoria Silvstedt Official Homepage, victoriasilvstedt.com, 8 May 2010.
- The Local (SWE), 27 February 2007.
- Trus, Helena (20 January 2009). "Victoria Silvstedt: "Har inte tid att parta" – Klick! – Nöjesbladet – Aftonbladet". Aftonbladet. Retrieved 29 December 2010.
- Victoria Silvstedt: My Perfect Life TV series, E!, 2008.
- Lifestyle Asia, lifestyleasia.com, 10 December 2008.
- Stumped?, Victoria Silvstedt Interview 2004, 8 May 2010.
- Robert Börjesson (10 February 2007). "AB Silvstedts miljardindustri - Nöje - Expressen Nöje – Nöjesnyheter Musiknyheter Filmnyheter". Expressen. Retrieved 29 December 2010.
- Andreas Utterström (25 July 2005). "Från Hälsingland till Hollywood – Wendela – Aftonbladet". Aftonbladet. Retrieved 30 December 2010.
- Ilta-Sanomat, 22 August 2008
- Iltalehti, 29 December 2009.
- Playboy, December 1996.
- Playboy, June 1997.
- IMDb Victoria Silvstedt, 8 May 2010.
- Iltalehti, 22 August 2008.
- Repo, Timo (17 October 2008). "Puputyttö merkkivaatteissa". Keskisuomalainen. Archived from the original on 16 May 2012. Retrieved 16 March 2012.
- Expressen, 6 April 2006.
- Weinberg, Jonathan (24 May 2007). "Victorias the breast vixen". The Sun. London. Archived from the original on 27 May 2009.
- Expressen, 3 December 2010.
- Pieces (of Ass) Official Homepage, piecesofass.com, 8 May 2010.
- "La roue de la fortune : deux Miss pour remplacer Victoria Silvstedt". Voici. Paris. 21 November 2011.
- Ilta-Sanomat, 19 February 2010.
- Sport by Victoria, Eurosport, 13–28 February 2010.
- "Victoria Silvstedt shows off her bikini body as she tops up her tan in Monaco". Daily Mail. London. 10 June 2011.
- Le Figaro, 25 June 2011.
- Le Figaro, 10 July 2011.
- Le Figaro, 9 December 2011.
- Le Figaro, 13 April 2012.
- Première (FRA), 25 December 2011.
- 7 Päivää, 28 August 2008.
- Zikeo.com, Victoria Silvstedt débarque avec Saturday Night, 16 August 2010.
- Playboy, April 2013.
- "Storbråket på godset mellan Silvstedt och Qhristina: "Smockan låg i luften"". Expressen. Retrieved 12 April 2016.
- Les Secrets de Victoria. Dans la Tête de Victoria Silvstedt, Silvstedt Victoria; Crosnier Christelle, EAN: 9782350132334, Jean-Claude Gawsewitch Éditeur, 2010.
- Expressen, 1 December 2010.
Media related to Victoria Silvstedt at Wikimedia Commons