This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||Catherine Victoria Lockwood
25 November 1965 (age 52)
|Other names||Victoria Spencer|
|Spouse(s)||Charles Spencer, 9th Earl Spencer
(m. 1989; div. 1997)
(m. 2005; div. 2009)
|Children||Lady Kitty Spencer
Lady Eliza Spencer
Lady Amelia Spencer
Louis Spencer, Viscount Althorp
Marriages and family
Catherine Victoria Lockwood is the daughter of John Lockwood and Jean née Holt. On 16 September 1989, she married Charles Spencer, then Viscount Althorp, at the Church of St Mary, Great Brington. During her first marriage she was styled as Victoria, Viscountess Althorp, and later Victoria Spencer, Countess Spencer. Spencer and Lockwood moved to Cape Town, South Africa.
- Lady Kitty Eleanor Spencer (born 28 December 1990)
- Lady Eliza Victoria Spencer (born 10 July 1992)
- Lady Katya Amelia Spencer (born 10 July 1992)
- Louis Frederick John Spencer, Viscount Althorp (born 14 March 1994); heir-apparent to the earldom.
She suffered from eating disorders and drug and alcohol abuse during her first marriage. The couple moved with their four children to South Africa in 1995 to avoid the media. After their divorce on 3 December 1997, Lord Spencer moved back to the United Kingdom.
In 2005, she married ex-model Jonathan Aitken; they divorced in 2009. They have a son, Samuel Aitken.
She is the sister of Christopher Lockwood, a member of the Number 10 Policy Unit.
Titles and styles
- 1965 – 16 September 1989: Miss Catherine Victoria Lockwood
- 16 September 1989 – 29 March 1992: Viscountess Althorp
- 29 March 1992 – 3 December 1997: The Right Honourable The Countess Spencer
- 3 December 1997 – 2005: Victoria, Countess Spencer
- 2005 – 2009: Mrs Jonathan Aitken
- 2009 – present: Ms Victoria Aitken