Victoria Street railway station, New South Wales
Westbound view in August 2006
|Location||Victoria Street, East Maitland
|Operated by||NSW TrainLink|
|Distance||187.92 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Fare zone||MyZone 3|
It is in about the same location as the first East Maitland station and marked the temporary terminus of the railway from Newcastle while the bridge over Wallis Creek was built. From 1906 to 1926 it was also an interchange station with the steam tramway line that ran from West to East Maitland.
The present building was built in 1877 and in 1914 the single platform was converted to an island platform and a footbridge added when the line was duplicated.
Platforms & services
Victoria Street has one island platform with two faces. It is serviced by NSW TrainLink Hunter Line services travelling from Hamilton (Newcastle) to Maitland, Muswellbrook, Scone, Telarah and Dungog.
|1||services to Hamilton (Newcastle)|||
|2||services to Maitland & Telarah||1 early morning service to Scone|
Hunter Valley Buses operate four routes via Victoria Street station:
- 181: Woodberry to Rutherford
- 183: Regiment Road to Tenambit
- 184: Maitland to Chambers Street
- 186: Stockland Green Hills to Thornton
- Victoria Street Station NSWrail.net
- Victoria Street Railway Station NSW Environment & Heritage
- "Hunter line timetable" (PDF). NSW Trainlink. 18 April 2015.
- "Routes 181, 183 and 186 timetable". Hunter Valley Buses. 27 January 2015.
- "Routes 184, 185, 187 and 192 timetable". Hunter Valley Buses. 27 January 2015.
- Media related to Victoria Street railway station at Wikimedia Commons
- Victoria Street station details Sydney Trains