|Lungsod ng Victorias (Tagalog)|
Victorias Milling Company
|Nickname(s): "The Sugarlandia of Negros"|
Map of Negros Occidental with Victorias highlighted
|Region||Negros Island Region (NIR)|
|Congr. district||3rd district of Negros Occidental|
|• Mayor||Francis Frederick P. Palanca|
|• Total||133.92 km2 (51.71 sq mi)|
|• Density||660/km2 (1,700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
Victorias, officially the City of Victorias or often referred to as Victorias City, is a fourth class city in the province of Negros Occidental, Philippines. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 88,299 people.
Victorias is notable for being the site of Victorias Milling Company, sitting on a 7,000 hectares (17,000 acres) compound that makes it the Philippine's largest sugar refinery and the world's largest integrated sugar mill. Within the company's chapel is a mural of the Angry Christ painted by international artist Alfonso Ossorio. The mural has been featured in various publications like Life Magazine.
The city celebrates the Annual Charter Anniversary every 21st day of March and Annual Fiesta every 26th day of April.
- Barangay I (Pob.)
- Barangay II (Pob.) Quezon
- Barangay III (Pob.)
- Barangay IV (Pob.)
- Barangay V (Pob.)
- Barangay VI (Pob.) Estrella/Salvacion
- Barangay VII (Pob.)
- Barangay VIII (Pob.) Lobaton
- Barangay IX (Daan Banwa)
- Barangay X (Estado)
- Barangay XI (Gawahon)
- Barangay XII
- Barangay XIII (Gloryville)
- Barangay XIV
- Barangay XV
- Barangay XV-A
- Barangay XVI
- Barangay XVI-A
- Barangay XVII
- Barangay XVIII
- Barangay XVIII-A
- Barangay XIX
- Barangay XIX-A (Canetown Subdivision)
- Barangay XX
- Barangay XXI
- Barangay VI-A
|Population census of Victorias|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
Notable religions include:
Notable churches include:
- "Cities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 8 March 2013.
- "Province: Negros Occidental". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 8 March 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 8 March 2013.
- "Province of Negros Occidental". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
- Victorias City Profile at the Official Website of Negros Occidental
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
- Chasing Waterfalls: Gawahon Falls
|Enrique B. Magalona||Silay|
|This article about a Philippine location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|