|DS Division||Manthai West|
|Time zone||Sri Lanka Standard Time Zone (UTC+5:30)|
|• Summer (DST)||Summer time (UTC+6)|
Vidattaltivu or Vidaththal Theevu (Tamil: விடத்தல் தீவு Vidaththal theevu,Tamil: Vidaththal theevu) is a coastal town in the Mannar District of northern Sri Lanka.it was the base to control mannar coastal by sea tigers of LTTE. Vidattaltivu is the biggest town situated on Sri Lanka's Northern coast (Jaffna lies on north coast) and was the major base of the Sea Tigers until recently. On July 16 of 2008, the Sri Lankan military claimed to have captured this coastal town for the first time since the IPKF left Sri Lanka in 1990.
Vidatha Theevu St James Church is one of the biggest church in Mannar Diocese . It has a history of more than 400 years.Now also there are some ancient materials inside the church boundary which were protected and maintained by the very people who live in the suburb.Now the Church is being reconstructed by the village people.
And there is another church called St Mary Church was founded on 1918. Now there are two churches worshiped by the people.
- Mn/Thuya Joseph Vaz Maha Vidyalayam, Vidatha Theevu.
- mn/aligarh maha vidyalayam
Religious places of worship
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (September 2014)|
- St James' Church, Vidatha Theevu
- st mary church
- pillaiyar temple
- mohideen jumma masjid
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (October 2014)|
- "Sri Lanka: Vidattaltivu Liberated; terrorists suffer fatal blow". www.lankamission.org. 2008-07-16. Retrieved 2008-07-17.
- "Sri Lanka military captures key northern town - govt". Reuters. Jul 16, 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-16.
- "Sri Lankan troops capture rebel base in north". Xinhua. 2008-07-16. Retrieved 2008-07-16.