|Interactive online video service|
Viddler is an online sales training platform with integrated tools for practice and evaluation. The Viddler service offers video-based instruction and optional coaching, and allows customers to engage with course content through guided assignments and self-recorded practice sessions.
The company, headquartered in Bethlehem, PA, was founded in November 2005 by Robert Sandie and Donna DeMarco (Vice President). Viddler was created by a team of developers, designers and architects from companies such as RackSpace, IBM and Macromedia. Viddler.com launched in December 2006 with in-line commenting and tagging features.
Viddler no longer provides a free service for non-commercial users. In 2010, Viddler began focusing less on video enthusiasts and self-generated content hosting, and more on business verticals, including corporate communication and training, education, and publishing. Following a 2011 decision to discontinue new personal accounts, Viddler recently announced it was going to close those legacy accounts, giving users the option of opening a paid account or downloading their existing videos.
In January 2017, Viddler initiated a soft launch of its sales training product in collaboration with Michael St. Lawrence.
Viddler provides solutions for sales training. The company uses its media player to display video and other media elements, and to provide user interaction, including the ability to post timed comments directly in a video. Customers can use a webcam to record a video practice session related to course content.
Video practice sessions are evaluated by the customer, the customer's employer, or a sales industry expert. Customers have the option to browse and self-select training courses or to be matched with training courses.
Practice videos can be published on secure business or education websites using an admin-controlled embedding feature.
Supported input file formats include .3g2 .3gp .asf .avi .dv .flv .mov .mp4 .mpeg2 .mpeg4 .mpg .mpg2 .ogg .qt .wmv
- Pena, Susan (2013). "Founders: Donna DeMarco". Keystone Edge. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- "Viddler's New Tag-Based Advertising System". 2007-11-19. Retrieved 2009-11-12.
- "CrunchBase Profile". 2013-12-12. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- Verdelli, Jason. "Interview: How Viddler Went from You Tube Competitor to Enterprise Video Hosting Authority". Social HubSite. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- Roettgers, Janko (2014-02-07). "Viddler gets ready to delete personal videos". Gigaom. Retrieved 7 February 2014.
- "Viddler gets ready to delete personal videos". CNN Money.
- "US Patent Issued to Viddler on March 5 for "Methods and Systems for Displaying Videos with Overlays and Tags" (Pennsylvania Inventors)". HighBeam Research. 11 March 2013. Archived from the original on 11 June 2014. Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- "United States Patent Abstract". Retrieved 15 January 2014.