||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Stuart Steinberg (CEO)|
VideoCells Ltd. is a privately held, start-up, software company in the surveillance industry, headquartered in Herzliya, Israel. It specializes in developing live and recorded video viewing, storage and retrieval solutions focusing on the mass surveillance and video monitoring markets.
The company is known for its primary product, a cloud computing, online surveillance video platform called WebVR. It includes advanced video viewing, recording, storage, retrieval, and maintenance capabilities. VideoCells is one of the few independent developers of a video surveillance solution that uses cloud architecture.
The company was founded in 2006 by Menachem Schwartz and Jean Pierre Layani and originally managed by Eran Yarom. Since November 2008, VideoCells has been under the leadership of Stuart Steinberg, its CEO.
WebVR is a patent-pending platform designed to intelligently manage, store, and distribute video content over the Internet. WebVR was developed over a period of three years by a team of experts in the fields of video, communications, and storage. Its capabilities include mass storage; retrieval of video from various sources; and transcoding and distribution (video streaming) to multiple device types, including PCs, PDAs, and mobile browsers. In addition, WebVR can alert subscribers if events such as motion detection and line crossing are recorded by a video camera. The alerts are sent to subscribers by SMS or email.
- IP camera
- Megapixel cameras
- Professional video over IP
- PTZ camera
- Video compression
- Video hosting service
- Cable&Wireless launches WebVR. Cable&Wireless Worldwide has signed a distribution agreement with VideoCells which will bring cost-effective, next-generation Web-based IP CCTV to the UK market. http://www.cctvcore.co.uk/14-10-2009-cablewireless-launches-webvr.html
- Social Inclusion of Young Marginalized People through Online Mobile Communities http://www.proceedings2009.imcsit.org/pliks/6.pdf http://www.cs.uiowa.edu/~hourcade/idc-workshop/marschalek.pdf
- Video web storage technology provider VideoCells raised $3.2 million http://israelsciencetechnology.blogspirit.com/archive/2009/02/02/video-web-storage-technology-provider-videocells-raised-3-2.html "Archived copy". Archived from the original on July 16, 2011. Retrieved January 26, 2010.
- METHOD FOR A CLUSTERED CENTRALIZED STREAMING SYSTEM patent application number 20090254960, http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2009/0254960.html http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20090254960.pdf
- VideoCells - The company website
-  Oracle Corp. and Chief Scientist Invest in VideoCells - The Marker
-  G4S Distributes VideoCells Managed Video - ASMag
-  G4S provides VideoCells' WebVR - SecurityPark
-  G4S and VideoCells' partnership for providing video surveillance as a service hits bull's eye - Source Security
-  G4S licenses VideoCells' Web Video Recorder for Israel market - Source Security