|Traded as||BSE: 532129
(Chairman & managing director)
|Revenue||₹320,000 million (US$4.8 billion)(2013–14)|
|Profit||₹-716.3 million (US$−11 million)(2012–13)|
Number of employees
Videocon Consumer Electronics & Home Appliances
Videocon Industries Limited is a large diversified Indian company headquartered in Mumbai. The group has 17 manufacturing sites in India and plants in Mainland China, Poland, Italy and Mexico. It is the third largest picture tube manufacturer in the world. The group is a US$5 billion global conglomerate.
In India, the group sells consumer products like colour televisions, washing machines, air conditioners, refrigerators, microwave ovens and many other home appliances, through a multi-brand strategy with the largest sales and service network in India.
Since the entry of Korean Chaebols and their rising popularity in the Indian market, Videocon from a stand-point of market leader has seen a slow decline to become a no. 3 player in India. The company continues to do well in the washing machine and refrigerator segment. The decline in sales of Videocon is due to the mindset of Indian people who crave for foreign brands. 
In November 2009, Videocon launched its new line of mobile phones. Videocon has, since launched a number of handsets ranging from basic colour FM phones to high-end Android devices. In February 2011, Videocon Mobile Phones launched the hitherto unknown concept of 'Zero' paise (1 paise is the 100th unit of 1INR) per second with bundled SIM cards of Videocon mobile services for 7 of its handset models.
In July 2015, Videocon Mobiles launched its own flagship smartphone Videocon Infinium Z51+ in India.
In 2009, Videocon launched its DTH product, called 'd2h'. As a pioneering offer in the Indian DTH market and introduced first radio frequancy remote in India, Videocon offered LCD & TVs with built-in DTH satellite receiver with sizes 19" to 42". This technology is known as DDB. It provides service with lesser transmission losses resulting in richer picture and sound quality. It also eliminates the need of separate set-top-box and it's remote.Videocon is the first brand to introduce DDB technology in India.
Acquisition of CPT arm of Thomson SA
Videocon acquired the colour picture tube (CPT) businesses from Thomson S.A. of France having manufacturing facilities in Poland, Italy, Mexico and China along with support research and development facilities in the fiscal year 2005. The acquisition catapulted Videocon into the No. 3 slot in the global pecking order for CPTs.
Awards and Recognition
- According to the Brand Trust Report 2012 published by Trust Research Advisory, a brand analytics company, Videocon's was positioned 51st among India's most trusted brands. Subsequently, in Brand Trust Report 2013, Videocon was ranked 25th among the most trusted brands in India while according to the Brand Trust Report 2014, L&T was elevated to the 17th position among India's most trusted brands.
- Videocon Industries Limited has been awarded the National Energy Conservation Award for 2013 in appreciation of its continuous efforts in R&D and product up-gradation by implying new and innovative energy saving practices resulting to achievement in Energy Conservation in the category of BEE Star Labelled Appliances (Refrigerator) for strict adherence to the BEE standards set up by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency.
- Videocon won the 1st prize for best Manufacturers of BEE Star Labeled Appliances, in the refrigerator category, at the National Energy Conservation Award – 2015. Organized by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency, the award aims at giving national recognition to companies who have made significant contributions in creating awareness towards and production of energy efficient appliances.
- "Annual report" (PDF). videocon industries. Retrieved 11 October 2012.
- "VIDEOCON INDUSTRIES LTD".
- "Tube Opportunist". Forbes.com.
- "Videocon Industries".
- "Company Profile". Videoconworld.com. Retrieved 29 July 2010.
- Singh, A. "Market share". Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- "Videocon Mobile Phones, Compare/Buy Online Mobile Phones Deals India". Videoconmobiles.com. Retrieved 29 July 2010.
- Aditya Dey. "Videocon A55HD Launched in India for Rs. 13,499". TechStake. Retrieved 29 June 2013.
- "Ravva Oil and Gas Field, India". Offshore Technology. Retrieved 2016-01-01.
- "Videocon FY 2006 Annual Report" (PDF). videoconworld.com.
- "Business Today Article on Videocon December 2006" (PDF). videoconworld.com.
- "India's Most Trusted Brands 2014". Archived from the original on 2 May 2015.