||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
"Asia's Most Promising DTH Service"
|Subsidiary of Videocon Group and Dish TV|
|Products||Pay television, pay-per-view, Satellite television, DTH, Direct-broadcast satellite|
Videocon d2h is an Indian pay TV company, providing direct broadcast satellite service—including satellite television, audio programming, and interactive television services—to commercial and residential customers in India. It uses [H.264 or MPEG-4 Part 10, Advanced Video Coding (MPEG-4 AVC)] with DVB S2 digital compression technology, transmitting using ST-2 satellite. Videocon d2h has 11.86 million subscribers as of March 2016.
On 11 November 2016, the Board of Directors of Videocon d2h and Dish TV agreed to an all-stock merger of their DTH operations. The merger will create the largest DTH provider in India with a total valuation of ₹17,000 crore (US$2.5 billion). The merged entity will be called Dish TV Videocon Limited. Dish TV will hold a 55.4% stake in the merged entity, while Videocon d2h will own the remaining shares. The two companies combined would have 27.6 million subscribers out of the estimated 175 million Indian households that own a television. The deal is subject to regulatory approvals, which will take a minimum of 8 months.
Videocon d2h has 10, 54 MHz transponders on Satellite ST-2. Videocon d2h is aligned at 88° East on the Clark Belt. Videocon d2h uses state-of-the-art MPEG-4 technology, which permits high compression for video and DVB-S2 technology, which allows more efficient transmission of satellite signals.
- "About Us". Videocon d2h. Retrieved 19 July 2016.
- "India braced for DTH merger between Reliance and Sun – Rapid TV News India". In.rapidtvnews.com. 13 August 2013. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- "Dish TV, Videocon d2h to merge". The Hindu. 11 November 2016. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- "Videocon d2h to merge with Dish TV". Forbes India. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Editorial, Reuters. "Indian satellite TV operators Dish and Videocon d2h to merge". Reuters India. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- "Will buy some shares from DTH promoters at later stage: Jawahar Goel, Dish TV". The Economic Times. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
UPDATED on Feb 24, 2017: Addition of 16 HD channels on Videocon D2H
Cineplex HD channel is available on 918
Sony ESPN HD channel is available on 931 FX HD channel is available on 937 Comedy Central HD channel is available on 938 Romedy Now HD channel is available on 941 Sony LE Plex HD channel is available on 942 HBO HD channel is available on 945 Movies Now HD channel is available on 947 Animal Planet HD World channel is available on 955 Sony BBC EARTH HD is available on 958 Nat Geo People HD channel is available on 960 VH1 HD channel is available on 964 Sony ROX HD channel is available on 966 MTV Beats HD channel is available on 967 News X HD channel is available on 968 ETV HD channel is available on 988