|Origin||Manikpur, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Occupation(s)||Politician, Businessman, Singer,|
Vidup Agrahari (Born in 1969) is an Indian politician, business person and singer, who is affiliated with Bhartiya Janata Party. He is best known for his album Kaisi Ye Deewangee and "Jaane Kya Dekh Liya" telecasts on Doordarshan. He is one of the directors of the Shyam Group of Companies.
Born at his maternal home Manikpur Jaunpur in Uttar Pradesh, Vidup Agrahari was educated at Allahabad and Kanpur. His father, Shyama Charan Gupta, is a politician and incumbent Member of Parliament of the Allahabad and founder of Shyam Group.
Since school, he took part in various singing competitions. He grew up listening to songs by Manna Dey, Lata Mangeshkar, Mohammad Rafi and Kishore Kumar. Before his first album, he took rigorous training in music and voice modulation. Agrahari likes soft melodious songs more than boisterous and loud songs.
Agrahari launched his first album Kaisi Yeh Deewangee in 2004 and has come out with his second album Jaane Kya Dekh Liya under the label of Venus. Its music is composed by Prakash Ashish and has lyrics by Faaiz Anwar. Music video of title track jaane kya dekh liya is shot at Bangkok with Vidup, TV Actress Surveen Chawla and Shibani Dandekar. Agrahari is very happy because his song Jaane Kya Dekh Liya from the same album, has reached to number 9 spot on DD1.In an interview Agrahari stated, "It's a good feeling. Music for me is a passion. To be appreciated for it inspires you to do more and better work."
- "Leader questions BJP move to field ex-SP man from Allahabad". Business Standard. 20 March 2014.
- "Song 'Jaane Kya Dekh Liya' by VIDUP AGRAHARI reaches top 10 on DD1". 25 January 2011.
- "About Vidup Agrahari". zuba.
- "विधानसभावार रहेगा मतगणना का ट्रेंड". जागरण न्यूज़ (in Hindi). 10 May 2014.
- "पुराने घर लौटे श्यामाचरण, मना जश्न". Amar Ujala (in Hindi). 20 March 2014.
- Video Songs of Vidup Agrahari
- "Song 'Jaane Kya Dekh Liya' by Vidup Agrahari reaches top 10 on DD1". Glam Gold. 25 January 2011.
|This article about a Bharatiya Janata Party politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|