Creating efficiency Students Society Through Purity Education
Developing The Attitude Efficiency And Knowledge Of The Students By Providing Proper Learning Teaching Activities
|Mulliyawalai, Mullaitivu District, Northern Province
|School type||Public provincial National School|
|Motto||Learning to purity|
|School district||Mullaitivu Education Zone|
|Authority||Northern Provincial Council|
Vidyananda College (Tamil: வித்தியானந்தக் கல்லூரி Vittiyāṉantak Kallūri) is a provincial school in Mulliyawalai, Sri Lanka. Established in 1951, it was the first school in Mullaitivu District to achieve "college" status.
Vidyananda College was founded in 1951 by C. Suntharalingam, the local Member of Parliament. It is located on grounds of about 27 acres (110,000 m2). The school was seriously affected by the Sri Lankan Civil War. The school is located in eastern Mullaitivu District, the scene of the bitter final battles of the civil war which resulted in the deaths of thousands of civilians.
- Schools Basic Data as at 01.10.2010. Northern Provincial Council. 2010.
- "Province - Northern" (PDF). Schools Having Bilingual Education Programme. Ministry of Education.
- "Address the root cause to end suffering: Vidyananda alumni". TamilNet. 23 October 2008.
- Haviland, Charles (24 February 2012). "Sri Lanka government publishes war death toll statistics". BBC News.
- Asia Report N°219 – SRI LANKA’S NORTH I: THE DENI AL OF MINORITY RIGHTS. International Crisis Group. 16 March 2012. p. 6.
|This Sri Lanka school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|