Vietnamese Americans in Boston
|Part of a series on|
|Ethnicity in Boston|
There is a Vietnamese American population in Boston. As of 2012 Boston has the largest group of ethnic Vietnamese in the state. Other groups of Vietnamese are in Braintree, Chelsea, Everett, Lynn, Malden, Medford, Quincy, Randolph, Revere, and Weymouth. Vietnamese also live in more distant cities in the Boston combined statistical area and the area around Boston: Attleboro, Brockton, Fall River, Haverhill, Methuen, Lowell and Worcester.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (September 2015)
In 2000 there were 1,112 ethnic Vietnamese in Lynn, an increase by over 91% from the 1990 figures. The same year there were 876 ethnic Vietnamese in Malden, an increase by 187% from the 1990 figures.
The organization VietAID provides services to Vietnamese people living in the Boston area. The Vietnamese American Community Center is located in Dorchester. This community center was the first ever such center in the United States.
- Lo, Shauna and Thao Tran (both of University of Massachusetts Boston). "Profiles of Asian American Subgroups in Massachusetts: Vietnamese Americans in Massachusetts" (Archive). Institute for Asian American Studies. August 1, 2012.
- Lo and Tran, p. 1 (PDF 2/9).
- Enwemeka, Zeninjor. "40 Years After Saigon’s Fall, Dorchester’s Vietnamese Community Recalls Loss, Opportunity" (Archived 2015-09-09 at WebCite). WBUR. April 30, 2015. Retrieved on September 9, 2015.
- Butterfield, Fox. "Gangs Terrorize Asians Near Boston" (Archived 2015-09-11 at WebCite). The New York Times. February 7, 1992. Retrieved on September 11, 2015.
- Buote, Brenda J, "Asian population up in small cities" ( Archived 2015-09-09 at WebCite). Boston Globe. June 13, 2004. Retrieved on September 10, 2015.
- "Dorchester" (Archived 2015-09-09 at WebCite). City of Boston. Retrieved on September 9, 2015.
- Watanabe, Paul, Michael Liu, and Shauna Lo (all from the University of Massachusetts Boston and the Institute for Asian American Studies). "ASIAN AMERICANS IN METRO BOSTON: Growth, Diversity, and Complexity" (Archive). May 2004. Prepared for the Metro Boston Equity Initiative of The Harvard Civil Rights Project.
- Vietnamese-American Civic Association, Inc. (VACA)
- VietAID Boston
- Vietnamese-American Community of Massachusetts (CỘNG ĐỒNG VIỆT NAM TẠI MASSACHUSETTS)
|This article related to Boston is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|