||This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2007)
Vietnamese cuisine includes many types of noodles. These are often served in soup, but are also served directly.
Noodles by ingredients
Vietnamese noodles are available in either fresh (tươi) or dried (khô) form.
Hot noodle soups
- Bánh canh - a soup made with bánh canh noodles
- Bún bò Huế - signature noodle soup from Huế, consisting of rice vermicelli in a beef broth with beef, lemon grass, and other ingredients
- Bún bung - soup made with tomato, Alocasia odora, green papaya, tamarind, green onions and pork.
- Bún mắm - vermicelli noodle soup with a heavy shrimp paste broth
- Bún ốc - tomato and snail based noodle soup topped with scallions
- Bún riêu - rice vermicelli soup with meat, tofu, tomatoes, and congealed boiled pig blood.
- Bún lá cá dầm Ninh Hoà
- Bún sứa - noodles with jellyfish
- Bún thang - soup made with shredded chicken meat, shredded fried egg, shredded steam pork cake, and various vegetables
- Cao lầu - signature noodle dish from Hội An consisting of yellow wheat flour noodles in a small amount of broth, with various meats and herbs.
- Hủ tiếu - a soup made with bánh hủ tiếu and egg noodles. This dish was brought over by the Teochew immigrants (Hoa people).
- Mì Quảng - signature noodle dish from Quảng Nam, yellow wheat flour noodles in a small amount of broth, with various meats and herbs.
- Phở - bánh phở in a broth made from beef and spices
Dry noodle dishes
- Bánh hỏi - extremely thin rice vermicelli woven into intricate bundles and often topped with chopped scallions and meat
- Bún đậu mắm tôm - Pressed vermicelli noodles with fried tofu served with shrimp paste
- Bún thịt nướng - a cold noodle dish consisting of bún with grilled pork
- Bún xào - stir-fried bún
- Hủ tiếu khô - stir-fried bánh hủ tiếu noodles with sauce
- Hủ tiếu xào - stir-fried bánh hủ tiếu
- Mì khô (also spelled mỳ khô) - stir-fried egg noodles with sauce
- Phở xào - stir-fried bánh phở
Hot noodle rolls
Cold rice paper rolls
- Gỏi cuốn - translated as either "summer roll" or "salad roll"; a cold dish consisting of various ingredients (including bún) rolled in moist rice paper
Hot noodle sheets
Spicy beef and noodles is a very popular combination for weddings.Mì Quảng is served on various occasions such as family parties, death anniversaries, and Tết.